• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why is my turntable's frequency response now dropping off?

Balle Clorin

Major Contributor
IMG_2967.jpeg
wow , that is a lot! I posted a FR vs T somewhere here , from a Japanese document. Maybe you can find it, I am too busy , wife is on the phone so here is one,..

Last edited:

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
Wow! I never know temperature could have that effect! But I sure don't miss analog vinyl! :p

OP
board

board

View attachment 367776wow , that is a lot! I posted a FR vs T somewhere here , from a Japanese document. Maybe you can find it, I am too busy , wife is on the phone so here is one,..
Yes, before posting my original post, I read online about temperature changes being able to change the frequency response, and I came across this chart, but I was honestly very skeptical, like I wrote in my original post, since there's so much BS floating around online in the audio world.

formdissolve

Forum Donor
Temperature changes can also require a minor change in tracking force sometimes, at least in my experience. I think there was a paper about it on some Japanese site

Balle Clorin

Major Contributor
My indoor temperature is about 22-23 in winter and at most 24-25 on a hot summer day, so not much of a problem

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Balle Clorin

Major Contributor
That was the one i could not Find.
Next , i have to Get out A hairdryer and heat the cartridge before the frequency sweep..

Last edited:
Top Bottom