• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What did we regret in our audio life.

BillG

Major Contributor
When I had carefully selected a nice component system for my first stereo and my parents bought a very subpar integrated instead. Not only was my selection better sounding, but I could have saved them $200USD as well.

I kept my disappointment to myself initially, but when I found out how much they'd paid for it I had to say something.

The next big ticket I was to receive as a gift from them I was given the opportunity to select it myself - apparently their son was a much better shopper for such items... :p

Other than that, I've not had any regrets as I always approach this stuff with the mind of a scientist.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Same exact experience.

Broke mine, replaced with Sennheisers.

The Grado SR80 headphones were the only headphones that ever cut my ears and made me bleed.
I had a pair too and they did the same thing. Plus they fell apart. :p

egellings

Major Contributor
Getting drafted into the army and sent to the Viet Nam war as an artillery man. The sonic dynamics of a 175mm gun firing charge 3 (54 POUNDS of gunpowder!) are amazing, the envy of any died in the wool audiophile, (1812 Overture, step aside!) but it took its toll on my hearing, even with the earplugs in use.

JohnnyAudio

That I was born with ears.

Top Bottom