• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What’s this ‘Mogami 3103’?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
This arrived this morning, what is it what’s it for ?
IMG_3506.jpeg

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I had to put this little gold connectors on it, but they don’t fit any of my equipment, any help much appreciated.
Keith
IMG_3508.jpeg

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Uninsulated plugs for finding out which power amps don't have short circuit protection?

On a more serious note, just how flexible is it? Although now I'm asking I can't think of a good objective measure...

Reactions: MAB

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm sure you've already done this: https://mogamicable.com/category/bulk/speaker_cable/conventional_configuration/

Not sure it helps much ... 11AWG cable ... they have colour coded insulation ...

Superflexible Studio Speaker Cables​

High Definition Multi Series Professional Speaker Cables​

• These unique professional speaker cables are originally designed to deliver maximum performance from state-of-the-art Tri-Amp Systems.
  • They offer true audiophile performance for accurate sound transmission with clear transparent response yet possess a rugged superflexibility for the most demanding professional applications.
  • Each conductor features many strands in rope-lay of famous MOGAMI 'NEGLEX' Oxygen-Free-Copper within colour-coded PVC insulation. A tough, low profile matte black superflexible PVC jacket protects the cables.
  • Available in series of 2mm² (close to #14AWG), 2.5mm² (close to #13AWG) and 4mm² (close to #11AWG) conductor sizes.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Thanks Jeremy I was trying to be amusing, I have used Mogami for years but I haven’t had any passive speakers here for ages and ages, hence the Mogami 3103.
Thanks for taking the time though.
Keith

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks Jeremy I was trying to be amusing, I have used Mogami for years but I haven’t had any passive speakers here for ages and ages, hence the Mogami 3103.
Thanks for taking the time though.
Keith
I did wonder :D

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
How does it sound?
They have a nutty, scrumptious, chewy midrange, lush extended treble and muscular taut bass, of course I won’t really be able to give a definitive opinion until I actually connect them to some loudspeakers and apparently I need an amp as well!
Keith

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You might be amused to know that the initials for the supplier, hhb, stand for Half Human Band.
It is the name of the band that hhb's founder, Ian Jones, played in as a young man.

S

solderdude

Grand Contributor
They have a nutty, scrumptious, chewy midrange, lush extended treble and muscular taut bass, of course I won’t really be able to give a definitive opinion until I actually connect them to some loudspeakers and apparently I need an amp as well!
Keith
And all of this without cryo treatment and obligatory 30 days burn in period !

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I am amused fancy that, they are part of ‘Source’ aren’t they and I noticed they have another company ‘Scrubbs’ from their Scrubbs Lane address I suppose.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
And all of this without cryo treatment and obligatory 30 days burn in period !
Wait unit is I get the cable lifters under them, still none the wiser how they attach to the 8Cs though.
I don’t think they will accept a return as I just cut it in half.
Keith

Top Bottom