• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggest target curves for us

Multicore

Major Contributor
Our MiniDSP Flex has four presets but we use only one: Julian Krause's target from the video where he shows how to use REW to make measurements and produce parametric eq specs. I don't think we've ever had better sound but it makes sense to play around and maybe learn something more about our preferences.

The speakers are Ascend Sierra Tower RAAL below a 100-inch front projection screen. The room has 10' ceiling, is 17' 10" from front to back wall and 22" wide. The couch and AV gear is offset right as shown. (Kitchen/dining area is left.) It's actually a more complicated space than that but this should be enough for now. There's a large wool rug on the floor. Speakers have 88dB @ 2.83v and 1 meter anechoic sensitivity and the Buckeye Hypex amp has 250 Wpc, so we have some headroom to play with eq.

1704043539131.png

Ideas for tuning the system
  1. Music enjoyment, blow my socks off, conversation impossible, showing off his stereo mode, get the neighbors complaining
  2. Cocktail party mode, easy conversation without the music intruding, i.e. sexy lounge music you can ignore or enjoy (e.g. Air, Nightmares on Wax, Archie Shepp)
  3. Movie/TV enjoyment late evening not bothering the upstairs and downstairs neighbors too much. Ineligibility dramatically quiet/whispered dialog amid dramatic sfx and soundtrack is critical.
  4. Idk. you suggest something
Feel free to propose whatever and however many. If you can provide a curve in the form of a Hz - dB table, all the better!

Top Bottom