• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sigberg Audio Inkognito Generation 2

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
The original Inkognito subwoofer launched in 2020, and has received awesome feedback from both customers and reviewers! When it ain't broke you don't fix it, so the improvements are mostly practical in nature.

Below is the complete list of enhancements in the second generation compared to the original Inkognito

• More rigid enclosure with revised bracings and thicker and higher density panels.
  • Revised and more aggressive limiter for reduced distortion at maximum levels, even better driver protection and more peace of mind.
  • All new vertical bracket for better stability (improved mounting mechanism) and lower stance (now builds 45mm vs 60mm in the previous generation)
  • Revised silicone absorption feet, decoupling the subwoofer from the floor.
  • Logo in the front is erased. This allows for vertical mounting with the amplifier to the left or right with a uniform front panel (Good for instance with stereo subs where you want the amp facing towards the wall on each side)
  • All new wall mount (optional accessory) that is easier to mount and feature better vibration dampening. Developed with Trinnov Waveforming i mind.
  • Easier to decide: The 10" version is discontinued. There is now only one version of the Inkognito, still featuring Hypex amplification and the same high-end 12" scan-speak driver as before. We've got a few original 10" in stock at a discounted price while supplies last, while the original 12" is sold out.

Shipping is expected to start in August, but Gen2 is available to order now.

SigbergAudio-Inkognito-Black-25-Edit-GEN2.jpg
SigbergAudio-Inkognito-Black-28-Edit.jpg
SigbergAudio-Inkognito-White-32-Edit-GEN2.jpg
SigbergAudio-Inkognito-White-35-Edit GEN2.jpg

Last edited:

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmm these looks thinner than they actually are ;).

Good luck on the product launch and please don't be greedy with the measurements.

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hmm these looks thinner than they actually are ;).

Good luck on the product launch and please don't be greedy with the measurements.

This recent photo (this is a gen 2 sub) perhaps makes it easier to get an impression of the dimensions. They're not super slim, but in practice they fit a lot of places where a normal sub wouldn't. :)

index.php

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
@sigbergaudio I recommend adding a link to the product.

Yes, I am always trying to be respectful / erring on the side of caution of the forum rules here, and it should be relatively easy to find, but since you ask :)

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting that the 10 is discontinued, though I expect there is good reason. Also I guess there's some decent competition in the general size/form factor: Lyngdorf, now Buchardt, as well as the US-based CI companies such as Triad and Leon. 12s are a more open niche.

In my home theater, I have four Rythmik L12 servo subwoofers. They cost me just less than $2.5K total and they will eviscerate this box.

The only area where the Sigberg sub excels in comparison is the finish. They look to have a very nice paint job.

Sigberg also has much better extension above the passband, and obviously a different form factor that may not matter to you but could make all the difference for another.

Still, different products targeted at different buyers. That aside, the servo stuff in R subs is IMO pointless complication with a big catch - lowers inaudible distortion while limiting performance above the passband. So you get less distortion (who cares) but a tougher job to integrate them.

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Looking at that photo, it appears that the woofer side is jammed against the wall. That’s not good.

Feel free to elaborate again.

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
This is surprising. I’d have thought that common sense would have made it obvious that putting light, brittle objects that are very likely to vibrate and move as well as create noise while doing it would not be the thing to put on top of a subwoofer. Guess I was wrong on that.

Just the design of the subwoofer itself guarantees that at high volume, it will have a very slight rocking motion. That’s just simple physics. You can look that one up yourself.

Since I designed and developed the subwoofer, I don't really need to look anything up to know how it will react to loud levels or flower pots on top of it. To avoid damaging the paint job, I would recommend having some soft felt pads or similar under any flower pots. This will at the same time prevent any noise from what little vibrations are present.

I know some subwoofers literally move around on the floor at high levels. This one does not.

Finally, the cost of this subwoofer is absurd. $2,500 for a single driver sub with an off-the-shelf speaker driver & Hypex plate amp?!

In my home theater, I have four Rythmik L12 servo subwoofers. They cost me just less than $2.5K total and they will eviscerate this box.

The only area where the Sigberg sub excels in comparison is the finish. They look to have a very nice paint job.

I am happy you have found a subwoofer brand and model that suits your needs.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I had a lamp on my big rhythmic fv15hp not a problem , i have a cheap canton sub in my home cinema it has severe cabinet vibrations.

I now have some kef subs , would avoid flowers due to . The finish migth be ruined . The are to close to main speakers and would obscure their drivers of those

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
View attachment 367709This is surprising. I’d have thought that common sense would have made it obvious that putting light, brittle objects that are very likely to vibrate and move as well as create noise while doing it would not be the thing to put on top of a subwoofer. Guess I was wrong on that.

Just the design of the subwoofer itself guarantees that at high volume, it will have a very slight rocking motion. That’s just simple physics. You can look that one up yourself.

To one of the other comments, there isn’t a standard subwoofer on the planet that does not have cabinet vibrations when played loud. If it’s made out of wood products and built the way most subwoofers are, the cabinet will have vibrations, period.

You would not have any of these problems with a subwoofer cabinet made from 400 pounds of cast aluminum or concrete. That is not the case here.

Finally, the cost of this subwoofer is absurd. $2,500 for a single driver sub with an off-the-shelf speaker driver & Hypex plate amp?!

Ok, Ill say it. Nice gear but looks very badly laid out. Thats not the best use of 4 subs in a room. Why so much bass for a low output Kef??? You might recognise well priced quality gear but you seem to display little knowledge of room accoustics..
By the way that stack looks ridiculous, good marketing job for the role of the Inkognito....

Anyway, if you enjoy it thats all that matters, but why are you whining about Sigbergaudio? Or how someone else uses their sub for potplants?

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Also, I'd limit myself to artificial flowers, watering accidents can happen...(!)

Sure, and one can put other things than flowers on it too I guess. And I don't necessarily actively recommend that people put things on their subs, it's just to show that with the Inkognito it's possible to get good quality bass in a way that doesn't have to stand out in the living room.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sure, and one can put other things than flowers on it too I guess. And I don't necessarily actively recommend that people put things on their subs, it's just to show that with the Inkognito it's possible to get good quality bass in a way that doesn't have to stand out in the living room.
yes its a nice marketing pickture :) and every ocd person here gets thier knickers in a knot .
And there is a niche for this kind of product several others have some "pancake" subwoofers but no so prominently marketed , suppose performance is not in the foreground for those.

my hangup is that almost all speaker marketing pictures lacks any cables going to them including your picture . the flower pot is the least of the problems ;) there will be no vibrations...

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
yes its a nice marketing pickture :) and every ocd person here gets thier knickers in a knot .
And there is a niche for this kind of product several others have some "pancake" subwoofers but no so prominently marketed , suppose performance is not in the foreground for those.

my hangup is that almost all speaker marketing pictures lacks any cables going to them including your picture . the flower pot is the least of the problems ;) there will be no vibrations...

Well, cables don't look good, so no one wants to draw attention to that. :) But they could be hid pretty well if you install them permanently and use white cables (assuming white wall).

Top Bottom