• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sending DSD Native Audio from SACD Player via I2S to Laptop via USB

rizulhak

Hi. I am looking for an I2S to USB convertor/ interface to send my SACD/ DSD64 (native)/ DSD 128 (native) audio signals to my laptop. Any guidance/ links?

Thanks.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This should probably work:

OP
R

rizulhak

Thanks voodooless.

May be I am wrong but from the description and pics of the XMOS PCB, it seems that this is for DSD playback from computer using Foobar and not for DSD input via I2S from external source other than computer. To explain further, my SACD player (Oppo 103) outputs multi-channel DSD native via HDMI. I have an HDMI to I2S converter that outputs this audio as I2S. Now, I need something to convert this I2S to USB to take it as input on my computer.

Any further guidance will be highly appreciated.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks voodooless.

May be I am wrong but from the description and pics of the XMOS PCB, it seems that this is for DSD playback from computer using Foobar and not for DSD input via I2S from external source other than computer.
It can do both directions :) I don’t know about DSD recording though. That may needs some special software. Maybe you can ask them about it.
I have an HDMI to I2S converter that outputs this audio as I2S.
If you don’t mind me asking, what device do you use for this? This is quite non-standard.

OP
R

rizulhak

Thanks again.

For HDMI to I2S, I use something like this that I got from ebay for around 50 bucks incl shipping. it works fine with Oppo 103 for DSD Native (DSD 64). I haven't tried PCM/ DSD higher resolutions.

Top Bottom