• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fire TV Stck

OP
Yorkshire Mouth

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
If you prefer “Amazon direct”, I’m sure you’re aware you can cast bit perfect from the Amazon Music app to any WiiM device?

The issue with the Amazon Music app playing natively on any platform (i.e. not casting to a WiiM) is that it upsamples all tracks to the max resolution of the device it’s connected to. Before I got my WiiM devices, I used a 2nd gen fire tv cube fed directly into my Linn MDSM/4 amp over HDMI, with the video then going to my tv, and everything on Amazon Music played at 24/192 (despite what the fire tv told me it was playing at). Compared to a Heos Link HS2 which I fed over coax into the same amp, I found the fire tv sound somewhat thin and lifeless, which I can only put down to the resampling.

If you have a few hours to use up, there’s a long thread on Reddit on achieving bit perfect Amazon Music - basically, avoid Amazon’s own apps unless you’re casting to a WiiM…

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmazonMusic/comments/xnr2h9

Yes, you put me into it at the WiiM forums. Working great.

Top Bottom