• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EverSolo Z8 DAC & Amp Review

Rate this DAC & HP Amp

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 67 20.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 259 78.0%

• Total voters

voxxonline

Hi, my first post here.
Would like to ask how owners of Z8 have found it so far, any pros or cons and if I should consider any alternatives.
Thank you

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
In terms of SQ it is completely transparent see Amir’s review/measurement, I would choose a well designed dac on the facilities you require.
Keith

Nutul

I own one since April last year, and have since been constantly listening to it an average of 2 hours a day.
I am extremely satisfied with its resolution and detail retrieving.
Using it through USB from my RPi-based player, and optical from my Sony TV.
No cons at all. It's a DAC and it does its job perfectly.

voxxonline

Thanks. I am getting back to hi-fi after a hiatus.
Just completed an amplifier build, pre should be finished soon. I am using old'ish Chinese dac 9 by Weiliang (fed straight from my laptop), modified with opamps and caps upgrade.
I want to try a new incarnation of the digital-to-analogue stage, what the market has to offer.
Z8 is on my radar.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks. I am getting back to hi-fi after a hiatus.
Just completed an amplifier build, pre should be finished soon. I am using old'ish Chinese dac 9 by Weiliang (fed straight from my laptop), modified with opamps and caps upgrade.
I want to try a new incarnation of the digital-to-analogue stage, what the market has to offer.
Z8 is on my radar.
Maybe consider the DMP A6 Streamer with built-in DAC. Similar DAC performance + a streamer w/ local file storage. A bit more expensive but you get a streamer to boot! Eversolo also now offer it's big sister the DMP A8. You will need to shell out a few more bucks to snag it though. Close to $2000.

AdrianusG

I own one since April last year, and have since been constantly listening to it an average of 2 hours a day.
I am extremely satisfied with its resolution and detail retrieving.
Using it through USB from my RPi-based player, and optical from my Sony TV.
No cons at all. It's a DAC and it does its job perfectly.
Nothing much to add here:D, except i have mine from October last year,
works flawless (so far)

voxxonline

Thanks. I am looking into r2r options too, primarily at holo cyan 2. I wonder what this brings to the table with such a price differential.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I haven’t heard the Mojo but unless it is extremely poorly designed I wouldn’t expect there to be any difference between the two.
Keith

Top Bottom