• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Entreq "signal grounding" Measurements

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Of course, nobody needs an Entreq box...

There are more lucrative businesses: ...

Name some which have a similar cost of entry to making Entreq boxes (or fancy cables)...

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Hello from France. here is a link to accoustic revive rgc 24 which works about the same as entreq.
https://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/rgc24/rgc24_01.html
In the text there is an explanation on how to mesure it.
Thanks for that and welcome to the forum. A question if I may..,how does the slightly lower case voltage translate into a actual measurably lower noise floor at the outputs of our equipment?

Any measurments on the outputs?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello from France. here is a link to accoustic revive rgc 24 which works about the same as entreq.
https://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/rgc24/rgc24_01.html
In the text there is an explanation on how to mesure it.
My welcome to the forum also. Do you mean this part:

upload_2016-12-11_9-18-15.png

If so, that is not a reliable measurement. I have an electronic field meter which I used with Entreq (not in this manner though -- I used it to detect what was in it). Slight movement and how you hold the device can radically change what it shows. Holding it by hand that way is not reliable at all. In addition, if you move cables around, it too can change things.

Still, it is an interesting data point. I like to try to repeat their test. Alas, this device costs $650 and I am not sure I want to spend that kind of money on it.

Has there been much interest in RGC-24 to merit spending the money to verify its statements?

gilles13

I have à cheap system to mesure the strength of Electric field. It's used when you make a hole in a wall to protect you from going inside an electrical passage. In France you have two ways of connecting a plug if you have not the third pin for ground. With this small device you mesure the electric field for each position and you plug your component in the position where the electric field is the smallest.. On a system with very good resolution you hear the difference without problem.
Next week I shall try to see if I can mesure a difference with and without the rgc 24.

gilles13

In France there are two ways to plug a component. To know what is the best way you use a cheap device which mesure electric field to protect you when you make a hole in a wall to go through an electrical line.
On a very résolvent system you hear immediately the difference.
Next week I shall try to see if there is a difference with this device used to mesure my pre with and without the rgc 24

gilles13

Hello. My device is very basic, just a light and a buzzer , no needle.
When the device detect an electric field the light begin a little then full for a bigger field.
I put the device against the transformer of the pre with no light (limit) and the grc24 connected to the ground plug of my pre.
When I disconnected the grc 24 the device go full light so there is a difference but as said speedster, very small probably.
On audition the stereo is wider and deeper ,the sound becomes more clear and more naturel. On classical music the instruments are more separated from each other. All this has been easily heard by my wife.
Acoustic revive make a schumann generator (don t know how and why it works) which has success and is scarce as second hand item.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I can't figure out what it does.
Cancels out harmful electro magnetic fields that surround your equipment helping to create a cohesive ground plane.

Think of it like your system being covered in early morning fog, the weight of this increases impeadence of electron flow and causes chaotic directivity , this devices 'burns' that off to release a hither too unobtainable performance potential restoring optimum directivity and lowering resistance so the electrons don't get 'tired' before they reach their destination.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Cancels out harmful electro magnetic fields that surround your equipment helping to create a cohesive ground plane.

Think of it like your system being covered in early morning fog, the weight of this impairs impeadence of electron flow , this devices 'burns' that off to release a hither too unobtainable performance potential.

Sorry, I meant "figure out what it does in using terms that exist in real physics."

Top Bottom