• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

denon x4800h origin

i have finally found an authorized seller in india and has certificate as well from wholesaler. but he says its origin is vietnam not JAPAN should i proceed with BUYING

OP
H
No, the 4800 is made in Japan.
i am exhausted now in india, cant even buy an avr wtf someone is giving it at 1.3lakhs some at 1.45 lakhs and other at 1.65lakhs this guy selling at 1.65lakhs has authorisation certificate as well from wholesaler BUT HE JUST SAID it is made in vietnam what to do now

EWL5

i am exhausted now in india, cant even buy an avr wtf someone is giving it at 1.3lakhs some at 1.45 lakhs and other at 1.65lakhs this guy selling at 1.65lakhs has authorisation certificate as well from wholesaler BUT HE JUST SAID it is made in vietnam what to do now
The serial number may or may not be on the box. Ask them to take a pic to check w/Denon and also ask for a pic of "Made in..." if possible!

Oddball

3800H is made in Vietnam, 4800H in Japan. Very few differences between the two other than that - but you should check all of them as there are some. Many consider 3800H as better value than 4800H. 6800H is the step up model with more channels, better DACs etc. But is priced accordingly.

OP
H
3800H is made in Vietnam, 4800H in Japan. Very few differences between the two other than that - but you should check all of them as there are some. Many consider 3800H as better value than 4800H. 6800H is the step up model with more channels, better DACs etc. But is priced accordingly.
but seller is saying it is made in vietnam and if i say something about online source that says japan he says dont waste my time if i cant trust him LOL

Oddball

4800h is made in Japan exclusively. So does not seem your dealer is trustworthy. 3800h is quite similar, but also much cheaper.

Oddball

Not heard of counterfeit Denon yet. Could be that dealer just has the wrong info as to 4800h origin, or as noted previously wants to sell 3800h as 4800h.

Oddball

Sorry that I can't help more, but 4800H is just made in Japan according to Denon. Hope you sort out the rashomon episode you are experiencing with your dealer.

EWL5

sorted out wholesale showed me images which shows japan i guess shopkeeper is too arrogant lol
I'd still be very reluctant to work w/a shop that got this info wrong. What kind of authorized seller doesn't have the capability to upsell a "made in Vietnam" 3800 to a "made in Japan" 4800? Think about all the hoops you have to jump through if there's something wrong w/the machine!

For the record, I have no issues w/"made in Vietnam" as I'm using a 3800 myself and have actually noted more issues w/the "made in Japan" Denons of late on forums (anecdotally speaking, of course)!

OP
H
I'd still be very reluctant to work w/a shop that got this info wrong. What kind of authorized seller doesn't have the capability to upsell a "made in Vietnam" 3800 to a "made in Japan" 4800? Think about all the hoops you have to jump through if there's something wrong w/the machine!

For the record, I have no issues w/"made in Vietnam" as I'm using a 3800 myself and have actually noted more issues w/the "made in Japan" Denons of late on forums (anecdotally speaking, of course)!
as i have already been exhausted by posting many times about genuine seller etc. etc on different sites. i am finally tiredd and will buy tomorrow finally from this seller i will consider it gamble :) wholesaler has personally given me assurance and time to deliver as well. shopkeeper has less role now here

Top Bottom