• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can you use studio subwoofers at home?

OP
S

Sylvia

Depends what it's intended for. There's not a lot of musical content in most genres below 30Hz so if you're flat to 30Hz and then have a sharp dropoff, in practice for music (unless you're listening to some crazy pipe organ nonsense or something) it's going to cover everything.
Thank you! Yes, in my case it is for music, so the lowest frequencies I can think of from the top of my head are a violoncello or a jazz contrabass, sth. like that... also it is not my idea to listen to loud volumes, just to "enrich" the current sound spectrum of my setup...
Thing is, I am currently using a pair of single drive speakers (Omega Loudspeakers, K8 with 8" woofer) and, although I really like how they sound, they seem to miss a big part of the bass' region.

Top Bottom