• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

can you help me to clean some woofer of 2 '90 speakers sticky dust ?

Mantra

Hi
I bought '90 totem 2 ways speaker and tannoy 2 ways speaksers , they are pretty clean and they sound great
but on the woofes there are some sticky dust
for the tweeters , i have only used a blower (not powerfull , an hand tiny blower )
i have read many tutorials to clean them
i have used a gentle blower (on to clean digital camera sensor) and a gentle brush (not sintetic )
what should I do to clean the the woofers or should leave with dust , they are pretty dust stiky

thanks in advance ,sorry for my poor english

Penelinfi

Sticky coating on drivers; dust tends to be something you have to live with afaik. It's better to have the coating than to remove it trying to rid dust.
But if anyone has suggestions that would be interesting

OP
Mantra

Mantra

Sticky coating on drivers; dust tends to be something you have to live with afaik. It's better to have the coating than to remove it trying to rid dust.
But if anyone has suggestions that would be interesting
Hi Penelinfi
there is a panel to tend to avoid dust
i have used gently a brush very soft
i have read a lightly damp cloth could to the trick , seems the woofers are not so fragile
thanks

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Painters tape or masking tape are good, just sticky enough to pick up dust but not enough to tear when dabbing dirt off. A lint brush can loosen dust, and the bristles are short and soft so not do damage anything. The best though is a really good microfiber towel. The good ones feel prickly and will dry wipe dust off anything. You can even clean eye glasses dry, they really grip on to the dust. I would shop for them in person, the cheap ones feel like any other kind of cloth, you'll know by the feel that they're the sticky feeling kind.

Sokel

Master Contributor
The lady who help us stay clean has a good answer to that:

I would be lost without this stuff,they are gentle with stuff and they pick even the tiniest bit of dust,I get the big family pack whenever I find it.

OP
Mantra

Mantra

The lady who help us stay clean has a good answer to that:

I would be lost without this stuff,they are gentle with stuff and they pick even the tiniest bit of dust,I get the big family pack whenever I find it.
Hi
sadly i guess they are sold in Usa and Canada only
thanks
The best though is a really good microfiber towel. The good ones feel prickly and will dry wipe dust off anything. You can even clean eye glasses dry, they really grip on to the dust. I would shop for them in person, the cheap ones feel like any other kind of cloth, you'll know by the feel that they're the sticky feeling kind.
hi
do you use glasses microfibers to clean woofers ?
dry or lightly damp glasses microfibers with some glasses spray?
thanks

Top Bottom