• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can a streamer affect negatively sound resolution or introduce noise on the signal chain?

Chrise36

Major Contributor
The PC would be my first choice over any streamer of any brand when connecting to a high quality DAC. To me streamers are invented for people that don't want to use a PC. I have tried lots of streamers and they are adequate but I much prefer the larger screen on my MacBook Pro and Audirvana to any little app on a phone or iPad. Plus, all my music is on the MBP. Can't get too excited about paying extra for a streamer when I would rather use the computer that has so many more capabilities. I can even control the MBP on the stereo from another spare old MBP if I want full house wireless control.

There is absolutely nothing any streamer can do that my computer can't do easier with a quality DAC connected. It's really a personal choice. I have heard a thousand reasons why people don't want to use a computer. The reasons make me laugh.
The pc is actually one of the worst sources due to psu leakage if you are using usb.

Top Bottom