• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best Explanation of Astrophysics I have seen

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
As a (strange) hobby, I love to learn about quantum physics and astrophysics. Alas these talks are either way, way too high level designed to appeal to lay people or down at university college level with math and such. Neither is conducive to learning the topic as the former is too inaccurate/sensationalized and the latter too academic.

After watching hundreds of these videos, finally I hit on this very well done panel discussion led by Brian Greene. The theme is what we have learned after 100 year discovery of theory of general relativity by Einstein.

It is nearly two hours so not quick watch but very worthwhile if you want to get an idea of what exists in cosmos:

The animations are some of the best and relevant I have seen.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
I just finished watching and listening to it all. Very good discussion, fascinating multiverse we all live in connected, and going up and down in relation to the to theory of singularity.
I think the data contained in black holes is there; we simply don't know yet how to recover it...where in that time-space lost multi-dimension, or undiscovered.

The mathematical equations and measurements from 3-dimensional geometry; the curvature of objects in motion (accelerated), gravitational force, expansion, space/time, the sun, our solar system (from 18:00 to 19:00), black holes getting smaller and smaller, curved space, bent starlight, ...all discussed between five scientist experts in their own domain makes it for time well spent for the brain in space.

The theories about the creation of the universe, in my opinion, are infinitely small and confined within our own reciprocity.
I believe in multi-layers of universe, a multi-dimensional multiverse with various time/space zones of infinite black holes.
...Reversal of quantum mechanics.

Ronm1

Fascinating
The remnant theories on Blackholes is mind boggling and quite eerie.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Yes because it goes against the physics principles as we know them. Black holes are something that surpass quantum mechanics, that is beyond...
Your money/credit cards wallet falls into a black hole...your IDs and credit cards and money shrink, get so small then disappear within.
The value is no more, unless you follow your own wallet into that black hole, but there are no shopping malls to spend that money.

And @ the end of the discussion each expert mentioned the question they would like the most to be answered.

The universe, as we know it, and all the things we created on planet Earth; to far away intelligence of space/time travelers is good humor.
They look @ us and smile while eating a good meal. :)
They watch CNN news and smile even more, they watch Hollywood stars and they think that they would look great in the firmament joining other stars.
They look @ our water, our money, our trains, automobiles, planes, canons, machine guns, tanks, rockets, wallets, 3D TVs, @ our movies playing @ IMAX theaters, and they probably say to themselves; what a bizarre race we make, and with bizarre human values. ...All across the universe that's what probably they all say to themselves while eating a good lunch from the nearest Subway store.

Top Bottom