• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AXPONA: GTT Audio, YG Speakers, Kronos Turntables, Mola Mola amplifiers

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
093A3379.jpg

093A3382.jpg

093A3380.jpg

093A3381.jpg

It is always fun to go to YG suites. The sound is always above average and the personal attention from Kerry (St. James) and crew is always a pleasure. This show as no exception.

As you can see above, the amplification was these little Mola Mola class D amps. I asked them if they noticed the improved bass performance over classic monster linear amps they used and Kerry immediately confirmed that was so.

The only format in the room was analog and LP was played. And it was a pleasure. It was the first LP I heard that was click and static free and rivaled CD in resolution and lack of distortion. Shazam says this was the music: Stimela (The Coal Train) by Hugh Masekela. http://shz.am/t10824615 but I don't know if it finds LPs correctly or not.

Regardless, the sound and experience was superb. Nothing to complain about from this digital guy :).

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
BTW they had a larger setup in the room across the hall and I will post those later when i get to them (heard it the next day). It was the repeat of the same great sound I heard the in this smaller room and again with LP and that Kronos turntable.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I really like the Mola amps, they just work, really quiet, just barely warm, and transparent SQ.
Keith

Top Bottom