• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Based on the comparison tool, how well does this FR adhere to your preference curve?

• Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

• Awful

• Total voters

Juan (Auribus Acoustics)

Audio Company
5128 graph of a prototype headphone I'm building.

1000055341.jpg

staticV3

Master Contributor
Here's the DF-comped graph with Harman's preference bounds:
Screenshot_20240321-100934_Chrome.png

Bass looks nice, but that upper mids suckout could be noticeable.

OP
Juan (Auribus Acoustics)

Juan (Auribus Acoustics)

Audio Company
Here's the DF-comped graph with Harman's preference bounds:
View attachment 358110

Bass looks nice, but that upper mids suckout could be noticeable.
It's a little on the warmer side. Not sure how well the results here convert to what users hear, however I received no feedback last Canjam (or otherwise) regarding a lack of 3khz, my guess is that it's still within most users preference bounds.

OP
Juan (Auribus Acoustics)

Juan (Auribus Acoustics)

Audio Company
To be fair, that's not an especially high bar.

Have you tried filling in that dip using EQ?
View attachment 358272
Which sounds better to you? And to other people?
I found excess in that region to cause issues with balancing vocal presence, especially with female vocals. Though, I'm sure plenty of people might enjoy that.

My intention here was mainly to show a comparison tool with other high end headphones (Utopia, Aeon, etc) rather than simply showing the chart and an arbitrary preference boundary next to it.

alex-z

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Close enough. How is the distortion and group delay? Perfect tonality doesn't mean much to me if they don't sound good at high volume.

OP
Juan (Auribus Acoustics)

Juan (Auribus Acoustics)

Audio Company
Close enough. How is the distortion and group delay? Perfect tonality doesn't mean much to me if they don't sound good at high volume.
Hi, the idea here was mainly a good, natural sound. Max SPL beyond safe human hearing limits was not a goal of this project.

Top Bottom