• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASR Members' Take on Streamers

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Yes, reckon it comes down to the quality of the EQ options now personally. The GUI is just a matter of choosing an app.
MathAudio RoomEQ for Foobar is from what I can make out, a very good option.
Super simple. Also it is free. Roon and Dirac look good but expensive.

Last edited:

CapMan

Major Contributor
Sonos speakers with my ripped library on network drive + Qobuz in most rooms.

Devialet amps as Roon Endpoint in main listening room.

NUC i5 running Roon Rock and provides network attached library for Sonos.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
In my main workroom system, I use Spotify desktop app, Windows PC output to Schiit Modi 3 DAC to amplifier/speakers.

For house streaming in other rooms, I use a WiiM Mini that I can move around and connect with my various amps as needed, use Spotify on my iPhone and use Spotify Connect to cast to the Wiim. This works for instance when I am outside and using the IPhone to control the stream in the sunporch system above, with speakers pointing out.

The internal DAC on the WiiM seems fine, I one day will try output to a JDS Labs Atom+ DAC but haven't felt the need yet.

That pretty much fulfills my streaming needs. I still have a SMSL AO100 amp in the dining room with built-in bluetooth, that works fine with the iPhone for low-level music at dinnertime if wanted.

Top Bottom