• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Apple Music reeks havoc in your computer

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Apple Music will worm through your hard drive & most likely any network-attached drives.

will remove music from your computer entirely. It has that music in the cloud so now your copy is gone & you are stuck with their version even if it is inferior.

See, you have signed-up to the Apple Music subscription service, thus they have the right to enter your computer and destroy your private property [even if you created it]. You signed-up; you can not sue. They will continue eating your bandwidth.

iridium.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Furthermore...

wreak
rēk/
verb
  1. cause (a large amount of damage or harm).
reek
rēk/
verb
  1. smell strongly and unpleasantly; stink.
Maybe "Apple Wreaks Reeking Havoc In Your Computer" would be appropriate.

OP
I

iridium

Furthermore...

wreak
rēk/
verb
  1. cause (a large amount of damage or harm).
reek
rēk/
verb
  1. smell strongly and unpleasantly; stink.
Maybe "Apple Wreaks Reeking Havoc In Your Computer" would be appropriate.

Thank you RanDunzl,

Your "wreak" is definitely correct. Reek should be inserted in a different place.

I am not going to edit the post because your follow-up will continue making sense that way.

Should have posted: Apple Music wreaks [& reeks] havoc in your computer.

iridium.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I liked Apple long ago when the personal desktop competition was DOS, despite their additional expense.

I'm not sure what they've done 'better' for while, besides just being a little different around the edges, or mildly fashionable in the visual sense.

They certainly like to lock you in to their ecosystem, which can be a bit objectionable.

Jobs gone, so goes their vision. What came out post-Jobs. A wrist thing?

No Apple stuff here anymore, not since the last century, even.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I liked Apple long ago when the personal desktop competition was DOS, despite their additional expense.

I'm not sure what they've done 'better' for while, besides just being a little different around the edges, or mildly fashionable in the visual sense.

They certainly like to lock you in to their ecosystem, which can be a bit objectionable.

Jobs gone, so goes their vision. What came out post-Jobs. A wrist thing?

No Apple stuff here anymore, not since the last century, even.
Well Ray innovation is often followed by repetition ... Apple are hardly the first to commit that crime, even if it's a crime.

It's markets and we drive that so we can only blame ourselves.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I'd say it is followed by commoditization.

"In business literature, commoditization is defined as the process by which goods that have economic value and are distinguishable in terms of attributes (uniqueness or brand) end up becoming simple commodities in the eyes of the market or consumers."
Umm, it's not strictly limited to business but commoditisation is inherent in the conception in this
instance.

TBone

Major Contributor
The Apple users, in my life, covet Apple's simplicity, and for that reason Apple has become more & more popular here, w/small business owners. Linux, to a lesser extent Android & Windows users tend to be more technically orientated ...

Never been a fan of iTunes, too many people bitching about how it synch'd this, then erased that ...

Mivera

Major Contributor
Well Ray innovation is often followed by repetition ... Apple are hardly the first to commit that crime, even if it's a crime.

It's markets and we drive that so we can only blame ourselves.
Never blame humans for anything. It's always external forces that are to blame.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Apple Music will worm through your hard drive & most likely any network-attached drives.
will remove music from your computer entirely. It has that music in the cloud so now your copy is gone & you are stuck with their version even if it is inferior.
See, you have signed-up to the Apple Music subscription service, thus they have the right to enter your computer and destroy your private property [even if you created it]. You signed-up; you can not sue. They will continue eating your bandwidth.

iridium.

Morning iridium,

What I just read above is truly alarming. If it's true we have to do do something about it; not sign anything with Apple over the internet, and protect our children who don't know what they sign in for. If Apple is doing that then they are doing it to their children too.

Could you please provide a link or two on this subject, thanks a bunch.

Cheers,

OP
I

iridium

Morning iridium,

What I just read above is truly alarming. If it's true we have to do do something about it; not sign anything with Apple over the internet, and protect our children who don't know what they sign in for. If Apple is doing that then they are doing it to their children too.

Could you please provide a link or two on this subject, thanks a bunch.

Cheers,

Just Google >>> apple music subscription problems <<<.
There will be some posters that write it is not really happening [just like > the economy is great and unemployment is only 5% {probably 20%}].
Read through the sites.

iridium.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Just Google >>> apple music subscription problems <<<.
There will be some posters that write it is not really happening [just like > the economy is great and unemployment is only 5% {probably 20%}].
Read through the sites.

iridium.

True, I do have a Google browser. And that's news I can use.
I'll check and I'll share the few best links...

Meanwhile this morning I have just read that we might be have been created from a "banking system inside a black hole".

Top Bottom