Recent content by Sal1950

1. Sal1950

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Matt's answer to you was about the clearest, most accurate thoughts you'll find on the subject. Sounds to me like your just trying to find a way to write his response off because he didn't say what you wanted to hear.
  2. Sal1950

Bryston, how can you not love a Bryston amp? (if you can afford it) Modern models are beautiful, have always been built like tanks, and all the rest. The stuff I have seen measured always did very well and a 20 year warranty, wow. I do think that might even hurt them more in the High End market...
  3. Sal1950

Audio Note speakers

Holy Cow! I really didn't know anything about AN speakers, I just caught this thread and decided to look at Atkinsons Stereophile measurements of the AN-E Lexus Signature and that's all I need to know. Although he struggles hard not to really tear them up, you don't have to read between the...
  4. Sal1950

Pass Labs amps really can't be narrowed down like that as Nelson does make a VERY wide variety of amps. Some designed to be fairly accurate, cost a fortune and look it. Others have been definitely voiced to sound a certain way and don't cost a fortune, others aimed to the DIY guys and their own...
  5. Sal1950

Klipsch Heresy IV Speaker Review

LOL 100% agreed on the 901s. I never could understand the popularity? Old school speakers tended to do some things very well and some things quite poorly so you really had to pick by preferences and make large compromises. Today they thankfully are starting to get a little more even...
  6. Sal1950

That's your opinion and one in which you are fully entitled to. But it is very sadly mis-guided. But you really do need to think about your claims here. What your hearing from the sound of this poorly measuring gear is distortion and other various inaccuracies applied to the reproduction of the...
  7. Sal1950

It's all the basis of reporting scientific procedure. Presented evidence must be repeatable and verifiable or vs versa. LOL
  8. Sal1950

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

ROTFLMAO
  9. Sal1950

I may have been taken too literally here. Everything is relative, depends on how far from flat they measure. Too far and they then are just garbage and could never be determined to be any where's near one of the "best speakers in the world". "What if a high end speaker measures really badly?"...
  10. Sal1950

Agreed ! Funny how we've gone full circle in Hi Fi. From the earliest days forward we were always working to improve the accuracy of our gear which "back in the day" had it's problems at every stop in the road. We went so far as to eliminate anything in the path that could potentially cause...
  11. Sal1950

David Gilmour - Luck and Strange Out 9/6/2024

Amazing how it's available in just about any possible config, singles or bundled here. https://store-uk.davidgilmour.com/
  12. Sal1950

What new Vinyl did you get? please post a picture

Love the album, pure Knopfler! The DR of the 2ch 24/192 mix on the BluRay is a DR10, sounds great. I've no way to measure the Atmos mix but in most cases they're even better, It is the jewel of the production. And no "skipping" ever. ;)...
  13. Sal1950

David Gilmour - Luck and Strange Out 9/6/2024

OH MY, there is a God! David Gilmour's new album Luck and Strange was announced today and pre-orders are available now. A stand-alone BluRay with Atmos, High Res Stereo and more plus a kool booklet for around $30. Never let it be said that David hoses his fans with huge packages of unwanted...
  14. Sal1950

Marantz SR8015 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Nice, I like a big case. I'm using a near 20yo CoolerMaster Cosmos case here. Lots of room to work and keep air moving around. I'm not into the rgb lights and such either and don't do any overclocking. Just recently gutted the old boy again and put together this guy for my Linux music server-web...
Top Bottom