Recent content by Glint

1. G

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I have to post this
  2. G

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

"Blind tests" can go to hell. Sick to death of the spectre of the blind test, the ABX, in audio. Sick of it and all the convenient ways it can be invalidated by liars. 24 years of listening, reading, to audiophile shills talking about how people in the next room could hear the difference, and...
  3. G

The most overrated and underrated headphone you tried?

Was literally about to post this exact sentiment. Had the Sr325 way back, sounded fine I guess (not for the cost though), but that fit&finish/comfort?!...get out of here!
  4. G

Naim Atom or Yamaha R-N1000

They are too busy being incredibly well off :P
  5. G

Naim Atom or Yamaha R-N1000

I heard about cars doing that and selling the data to insurers who increase your premiums, arbitrarily and without your knowing consent. It's nice to know hifi gear is learning how to rat on its owners too :D As for the OP, with the rate at NAIM increase their prices YoY, perhaps get the...
  6. G

Audiophile hobby is a scam?

<3 my minirig, use it on my mountain bike!
  7. G

[FIXED] Yamaha A-S700 intermittent power-on failure (and eventually full failure)

this was based on the link you posted regarding the AVRs, yamahas tend to share a lot of similarities though so perhaps worth a try, best of luck :p oh and yes, the model is very important, 0.022uF 630V :)
  8. G

[FIXED] Yamaha A-S700 intermittent power-on failure (and eventually full failure)

I had a look at the schematic and it might be C254, but I am barely competant myself :P
  9. G

1 bit DAC launched by TOPPING

that PCB reminds me of those absurd tda1543 dacs that would use 8 or some other multiple of the chips. Topping already make some fantastic stuff though, I guess they are just trying to hit all those market segments.
  10. G

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Used to own HD555, they met with a bad accident, so purchased HD 518 to replace them 11 years ago. 2 very similar pairs over 20 years :3 Been using the same AUNE headphone amp+USB DAC "special edition" combo for 14 years too :P
  11. G

Axxcess Forte 1 with 'Tesla Coils' - legit or snakeoil?

Possibly for some kind of insurance reason, their boutique components do literally nothing lol
  12. G

Audiophiles, generally don't like class D amps!

Alot of the Chi-Fi 'invasion' was cheaply shipped little class D amps, (and DACs, and headphone amps, and combos of the lot) and frankly they sounded just fine at a fraction of the cost of traditional, bulky A/B amps. I'm sure that alone ruffled a few feathers. They also suffered from boring...
Top Bottom