• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 284 58.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 176 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

JustCoolin‘

[…]
He's using the archaic meaning. I've heard people use it that way eg "I want to litigate that point" etc. Dipping into his videos, his command of English words is such that I don't have trouble believing him there. I've previously posted that it's been obvious all along that there was no litigation (threatened or actual) in the legal sense of the word. Just a lot of imprecise communication. Personally I find that style of communication almost excruciating.

Sorry, but no. No way:
The Facts are he measured the speaker incorrectly. It will probably come to litigation so everyone needs to hang tight...

olieb

That's what I would have done anyway, makes no sense for claiming one particular product appeals to both sides of the spectrum by being linear and flat yet voiced to a specific sound.
Oha! How can you even think that! Totally flawed logic. EA is the head of his company, it's his baby and he is boss.
And we all know the boss is right, always. And he likes his speakers to be right, too.
So he claimed they weren't "boring linear" because his audiophile clientele don't care for that, when Amir complained. But because it is kind of a good thing somehow they are "extremely linear" of course, and if you think that makes no sense, then this is on you.
I am pretty sure he sees all his speakers as not boring linear but extremely linear, whatever the measurements might be. It's obvious that he does not have proper measurements anyway.

Matt_Holland

He also shared this with me (yes, it is a fuzzy 6k byte file that he sent it to me):
View attachment 363065

With the text of: "Next, see the attached image. The Mini Lore is a passive 6 component crossover (two resistors) 94dB sensitivity 8" 2-way loudspeaker with a "showroom" voicing [using your words here]. I'd love to see you do better with less."
Looks like a 1-way speaker from this graph!

You must have burst out laughing when you saw it!

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sending Eminence's driver measurement is honestly (maybe) getting into "sad" territory for me. It's embarrassing and I don't know if anyone understands what it was meant to prove*. Seems like he's dug himself into a hole he has no idea how to get out of.

This is surprising because you'd expect the head of an (at least) moderately successful speaker company to be well-prepared for this kind of debate, but apparently not. Maybe he does everything by ear, who knows. I'm not here to judge his methods, just his aggression toward the community.

Unfortunately, he's "not looking for a life coach", but I think he could really stand to take some advice from... anyone, at this point.

*Benefit of doubt - he showed the raw driver response to prove how much he was able to do with a simple crossover. I don't know.

Last edited:

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sigh: Continue to get messages from Eric like this:

"Amir,

I see you've actively correcting your mistakes. The correct measurement point is exactly 6.5' above the tweeter so please make this correction and publish it.

You're lying to your audience about the "angle being too small to make a difference in far field listening". Remove it! If you fail to do this I will publish a measurement and a new video proving that you are telling lies."

He also shared this with me (yes, it is a fuzzy 6k byte file that he sent it to me):
View attachment 363065

With the text of: "Next, see the attached image. The Mini Lore is a passive 6 component crossover (two resistors) 94dB sensitivity 8" 2-way loudspeaker with a "showroom" voicing [using your words here]. I'd love to see you do better with less."

You all see what I have been dealing for a month now?
He can't seriously be trying to pass off the individual woofer response as the speaker's full measurement? I'd like to believe he just sent the wrong file but I think enough benefit of the doubt has been extended. Oof.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That's nice. However according to the company note you shared above the reference point is 6.5 *feet* above the tweeter. Better measure again before you are sued.
Please keep in mind at flow velocities close to c Euclidean geometry and Newtonian mechanics cannot be applied so it is a different point, possibly even in a parallel universe
where some seem to live already...

If you can persuade Great Sun Jester (see his post 1345 for explanation) to wedge himself into a small cylinder we could find out, I dunno if Amir would be willing to stand at the noisy end with his Klippel though
I can't use REW because of my never ending flatulence.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Given the level of expertise throughout this thread that’s been poured into this little speaker and its shortcomings I think Eric has won, he can take the criticisms of his design and now go and build a killer little monitor with all the free speaker and acoustic design knowledge poured into the previous 73 pages, all free of charge……..Ha!……who’re the fools now?

Kudos Eric, you surely played them all.

HeadDoc12

Forum Donor
Now that I've checked, I should credit @René - Acculution.com with suggesting that arbitration was likely the more correct term, a few pages back. Or, mediation is another possibility. An arbitrator or mediator may be a lawyer (but doesn't have to be) so the assertion that this is never done absent a legal conflict is incorrect, all that's required is a dispute of some kind.

Rationality is somewhat orthogonal, but an arbitrator/mediator may (and likely should) employ this. :)
He specifically says in the video that his conception of litigation is "My lawyer calls your lawyer, they sit down for 20 minutes..." If your lawyer calls my lawyer to have a chat, I want to know why I am paying my lawyer for that time. I do not believe ANYTHING Eric Alexander writes or says, and neither should you. He is so used to verbally bullying people to agree with him and praise him, that he believes (or claims to) that is how our legal system works, too. "Hey, buddy. Let me just convince you why I'm right and you're wrong. No science. Just two lawyers making hundreds or thousands of dollars, until you yield 100%." He is not looking for anything other than 100% exoneration and apology across the board.

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That would have been in conflict with the marketing material though.
Yeah, sadly I think that's what has pushed him into the corner he's in. Still, that probably could have been far less aggravation to contradict the advertising statement, I mean it contradicts itself anyway and he's had plenty of customers according to his video. Would have been far better to say the marketing spiel was poorly structured because it is worded in such a way he could have claimed either. Not too mention more and more attention is building on the subject now.

Whatever I think of his company, feel bad for the guy, you would think someone around him would have pointed out that he needed to just stop, breathe and despite his not agreeing with whatever parties trying to turn it into something whereby at least everyone is civil. I'm astounded this is going on so long.

olieb

I am starting to wonder if Eric has even measured his own speakers.
Though I could not think of it in the beginning, it is obvious now to me that he did not.
The relationship with his creations seems to be more of the emotional kind. He feels it when they are right.

nvidia_7

I think it's fair to say any form of litigation, even arbitration, from Eric towards either Amir or Erin would result in major losses for his company. Even the threat of it has resulted in losses, as i've seen many here and in youtube comments declare their stance of never buying a Tekton product solely because of his own actions.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I can't use REW because of my never ending flatulence.

Awwww, c’mon man….you'll be at the forefront of science. D’ya think the Wright brothers said “should we?…...I mean just look at it?”, D’ya think Yuri Gagarin said “I ain’t getting in that!”, D’ya think Stockton Rush (oceangate sub ceo) said “nope, no way…uh-huh?.

Ok, scrap that last analogy but you really should, Amir will write a paper and present it at AES this year.

Awwww, c’mon man….you'll be at the forefront of science. D’ya think the Wright brothers said “should we?…...I mean just look at it?”, D’ya think Yuri Gagarin said “I ain’t getting in that!”, D’ya think Stockton Rush (oceangate sub ceo) said “nope, no way…uh-huh?.

Ok, scrap that last analogy but you really should, Amir will write a paper and present it at AES this year.
If it includes free shipping of me to and fro, I'm in.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Though I could not think of it in the beginning, it is obvious now to me that he did not.
The relationship with his creations seems to be more of the emotional kind. He feels it when they are right.
Plus if one looks at the shear number of models it appears to be shotgun and wandering "build another, another" and not few variations narrowing down to few vital concepts improving and cannibalizing parts/ideas from older models, even if his ears are his Kippel. I have worked in testing and R&D for 40+ years and never saw this approach work but have not heard any Tekton speakers. The posters on speaker arrays Tekton thread and the test data show that there is some value to parts of this design, with other somewhat similar efforts having success. You think they would have settled on a preferred embodiment from all those models.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
If it includes free shipping of me to and fro, I'm in.

Cool, that’s the spirit.

Packing crate pre addressed on its way, we’ll manage to convince Amir to do the necessary testing, I figure he’s mighty protectIve of the tweeter domes in his precious Revel’s, it’d be a terrible shame if something were to happen to them. nudge nudge…wink wink. ;)

Top Bottom