• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ZMF Atticus Review (Headphone)

srkbear

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is the most nerve-fraying, passive-aggressively testy thread I think I’ve yet encountered on this site :p Trudging through it I felt like I was being powdered with fleas. Is there any more constructive pad discussion to be found elsewhere?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This is the most nerve-fraying, passive-aggressively testy thread I think I’ve yet encountered on this site :p Trudging through it I felt like I was being powdered with fleas. Is there any more constructive pad discussion to be found elsewhere?
I think it boils down to, the bigger the difference in structural design of the pad in terms of materials and shape then the larger the effect it has on the frequency response. If you want to know the difference between pads then you have to measure the frequency response with different pads on the same unit of headphone, then you can compensate for the differences. Oratory sometimes measures headphones with aftermarket pads which he lists clearly as having aftermarket pads (e.g. Dekoni Pads).

Top Bottom