• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Zero surge and surgeX are overpriced as hell

Pancreas

People tell you buy used models off ebay except they’re all racks and super old models too and they want hundreds

Some dude selling a 10 outlet SurgeX for $450 and is a 2012 model no way

These surge protectors are ridiculously overpriced. SurgeX wants $650 for a stupid 10 outlet protector. Even zero surge is like $300-350 for the 8 outlet models.

If you have to buy used you cant afford it then, it shouldn’t cost this much in the first place.

Theyre taking advantage of yall and your fear of losing your gear yeah maybe it works better than mov but it should NOT cost this much they ripping yall off. Thats why they shit on MoV so much is their business model literally they have videos crapping on MoV yet everyones uses mov with no problems except rare cases

$650 or even $1000 for a glorified surge protector. It seems their prices keep going up and up as well as my google search revealed they used to cost less

As much as Id want a 10 outlet one, im not paying $600 for this shit is absurd

Even the 2 outlet is expensive and defeats the purpose as youll need a power strip with it. The power strip will forever be the weak link that could catch fire one day and is another item occupying space

Last edited:

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Especially if you own your own home and can install a superior whole house surge protector instead.
Point of use is far better

walt99

Forum Donor
Just bought another 8 outlet ZeroSurge unit for the HT, GREAT company with excellent product and made in the USA.
Don’t like the price… don’t buy it!

Last edited:
OP
Pancreas

Pancreas

I want a standalone protector not a rack.

SurgeX has a 10 outlet one and is $630 which is ridiculous

Zero surge 8 outlet is $325 half the price still a lot money for a protector

OP
Pancreas

Pancreas

Why is SurgeX almost double the price than zero surge even tho is the same technology that alone tells you is a ripoff

Ive been looking for sales or discounts for any of these models and there is nothing full price everywhere too

Ebay is just full of the stupid racks and theyre super old.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Why is SurgeX almost double the price than zero surge even tho is the same technology that alone tells you is a ripoff

Ive been looking for sales or discounts for any of these models and there is nothing full price everywhere too

Ebay is just full of the stupid racks and theyre super old.
Are you sure they use the same tech?

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is the same technology

Surgex is too expensive for what it is.

People drank the koolaid and pay their prices
I've not looked at the particulars in years among the brands, so what tech is it they share particularly?

Jbrunwa

I use the two outlet zero surge. I have a beefy surge outlet plugged into it, protecting thousands of dollars of equipment. Having spent maybe $250 on the zero surge I feel it’s well worth the money to have a never fail protection.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I use the two outlet zero surge. I have a beefy surge outlet plugged into it, protecting thousands of dollars of equipment. Having spent maybe $250 on the zero surge I feel it’s well worth the money to have a never fail protection.
A sufficiently close electrical event, lightning or otherwise, can make that "never fail" go away quickly.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
LOL not when it comes to a significant electrical event, that sort of difference is minor.

Yeah... At some point, you are just going to be out of luck.

16-106833-Lightning-Damaged-Panel (1).jpg

Jbrunwa

LOL not when it comes to a significant electrical event, that sort of difference is minor.
We had a close lightning strike that took out other equipment in our home but not this. So go ahead and LOL.

Top Bottom