• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

z390 xtreme audio

poublu

i want to buy the hd800 s and i want to have good audio and to let them have the best soundstage possible i was looking to buy an amp dac and i liked the rnhp but i couldnt find a dac
i dont know if i plug the amp to my mobo be okay (the mobo has a dac but it has an amp tooand i dont know if it is a problem) and my ocd is going crazy

so because i really cant take this hahahah

is my mobo the z390 xtreme (this is a link if you want to see the sound specs just scroll down https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-XTREME-rev-10#kf )
good to drive the hd 800 s good and have a good soundstage and if not could someone suggest a good dac (dac only not with an amp) to go with the rnhp

sorry for my grammar i have dislexia and its kinda hard for me

thanks for reading

peder2tm

I don't think you need a dac. Your mobo has a sabre dac and there is also an amp included.
I also have an aourus motherboard but only with Realtek dac, but it measures quite well and I think the amp is pretty good as well. Enough to drive my hd650 to very loud levels. Wait until you get the headphones and if you then think you need an amp get the jds labs atom.

Veri

Master Contributor
I also have an aourus motherboard but only with Realtek dac, but it measures quite well and I think the amp is pretty good as well. Enough to drive my hd650 to very loud levels. Wait until you get the headphones and if you then think you need an amp get the jds labs atom.

Entirely agree. Either use mobo, or amp it with jds atom if necessary. It should suffice :)

OP
P

poublu

wont the mobos amp aplify the sound if i add an external amp and if it does wont that afect the sound

using mobo dac<mobos amp<external amp< hd 800s

Roen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
wont the mobos amp aplify the sound if i add an external amp and if it does wont that afect the sound

using mobo dac<mobos amp<external amp< hd 800s

See if your mobo can get your HD800S loud enough. If so, then you don't need an amp.

Top Bottom