• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Z Reviews walk around CanJam 2023

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I thought this was pretty entertaining and informative early morning walk around the floor at the CanJam 2023.

Gave me a real feel of what you could see at one of these headphone conferences.

I believe there was a session with Sean Olive which hopefully be posted by someone soon.

LearningToSmile

Yeah, I skimmed through it the other day, I enjoy this kind of stuff looking for new releases particularly - the most interesting one here is a prototype of a new headphone designed by Axel Grell(formerly of Sennheiser) for Drop with some extremely forward angled drivers:

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 11-16-56 I Was Thoroughly Entertained.... But.png

I haven't seen any mention of it anywhere else on the internet.

Andysu

Major Contributor
even at trade shows no one has seen his face they only see his hands

Andysu

Major Contributor

Steven Holt

Forum Donor
You have to be careful with this guy. He's the one who recommended the Micca RB 42's, and I fell for it (yhea, yhea, I know). While they aren't as bad as many on ASR claim, they certainly aren't good, and I could have spent my money better.

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought this was pretty entertaining and informative early morning walk around the floor at the CanJam 2023.

Gave me a real feel of what you could see at one of these headphone conferences.

I believe there was a session with Sean Olive which hopefully be posted by someone soon.

The woman on the thumbnail is Zeos’s sister and I was actually in line next to her to demo the Warwick Aperio back then.
This is Zeos with my modded Sony MDR 7506
16C23E98-DB4E-430A-936C-2AD4441A3732.jpeg

Andysu

Major Contributor
what also gets me is headphones with frequency range to 50.000KHz . i don't see any dogs cats and pet bats around these conventions ? lol

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i didnt expect zeos to look like that to be honest

he's a bit of a 'character' on video but he seems much nicer in photos (like Amir??? LOL I kid)

i'm sure he's playing a persona in vids... and any recommendation is to HIS audience

ie. if he's speccing out a $300 system then kind of expect a lot of it to be shit?

i mean thats par for the course

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
His videos are certainly entertaining, but I don't put much stock in them. He has sponsored links, where he gets a kick back for product sold, how do I know he is not being paid to promote certain headphones? its sketchy to say the least, most (not all) of the headphones he reviews he just gushes about and says flippant things that are pretty useless... "Its perfect, like a butt hole" he actually said that, what does that even mean.

Top Bottom