• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yulong DA8

no1boss

I found a decent offer for a used DA8, what are your impressions of this unit and Yulong products in general? note: this is the original DA8.

I will be using it with my K702 65th, I couldn't find the output impedance for the DA8 so I'm not sure if it would work well.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
There are a few measurements in this review and it appears to do very well.

The K702 has low input impedance I believe, so it would be important to check that about the Yulong. In the review I linked, the reviewer mentions that it does well with low impedance headphones, but doesn't give any specs so it's hard to know.

EDIT: in this review it says the headphone amp output impedance measures at 0.26 Ohm, which is excellent.

PS. I have no idea about the veracity of the measurements in either link, they just come from googling.

OP
N

no1boss

There are a few measurements in this review and it appears to do very well.

The K702 has low input impedance I believe, so it would be important to check that about the Yulong. In the review I linked, the reviewer mentions that it does well with low impedance headphones, but doesn't give any specs so it's hard to know.

EDIT: in this review it says the headphone amp output impedance measures at 0.26 Ohm, which is excellent.

PS. I have no idea about the veracity of the measurements in either link, they just come from googling.

Thanks! that review says that the first version has 5.25 ohms, bummer.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks! that review says that the first version has 5.25 ohms, bummer.

Oh I missed that! Glad you read it properly. What's the input impedance on the K702s? I would have thought with 5.25 Ohm at the output you might scrape in there?

OP
N

no1boss

Oh I missed that! Glad you read it properly. What's the input impedance on the K702s? I would have thought with 5.25 Ohm at the output you might scrape in there?

http://cloud.akg.com/9361/k702_anniversarycutsheet.pdf

Apparently it's 62, I thought it was ~35 for the longest time for some reason, heh. I guess it should be fine if we follow the 1/8 rule.

Still, I'm curious about the quality of Yulong in general.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeh, I think you'd be alright with 5.25 at the outputs.

How are you at interpreting DAC measurements? Would you like help or is it clear from the links I pasted?

Top Bottom