• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Youtube without advertising or? Better sound?Plus effective ad blocking?

DanielT

Major Contributor
Regarding the streaming services Youtube Music and Premium. I post this thread on this section of the forum but I do not know if it should be here? In any case:

I watch a lot of Youtube, sometimes it's a song that is listened to but mostly a little bit of everything else BUT now I have watched too much of Youtube and I'm forced now to plow more and more fu*** advertising. Longer advertising videos that I can NOT skip.Damn algorithms, they are smart since apparently know where my breaking point goes. Hence my question:If you buy Youtube premumration, do you avoid the advertising on Youtube then? Everything on Youtube, that is, or does it only apply to..yes for what really?

Youtube Music and Premium, anyone have it? Experiences?

I do not understand, do you avoid advertising videos on Youtube if you pay for YouTube Music/Premium or?

I can also take the opportunity to ask about perceived sound quality for those of you who have these apps, even if it is not my main interest. I mostly stream Spotify and internet radio for music.. :)

Last edited:

MCH

Major Contributor
Ublock Origin. I haven't seen an add on the internet in decades. I use adguard for android ad blocking. Not sure about ios.
Hi, are you saying that with one of those apps the commercials in youtube (i mean the video commercials) dissappear?? :oops: that would be fantastic

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Ublock Origin. I haven't seen an add on the internet in decades. I use adguard for android ad blocking. Not sure about ios.
Hi, are you saying that with one of those apps the commercials in youtube (i mean the video commercials) dissappear?? :oops: that would be fantastic
Same thought, question from my side. Advertising videos on Youtube via that blocker?

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
I have premium for family. Yup, no youtube added advertising, unless the author added advertising as part of video.

We use multiple type of streaming devices like Roku, Apple TV, phone, computer, etc. Don't want the trouble of finding blocker for all type of devices and also want to support content creators.

jae

Major Contributor
uBlock Origin + SponsorBlock

Will only work on a browser.

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
I have premium for family. Yup, no youtube added advertising, unless the author added advertising as part of video.

We use multiple type of streaming devices like Roku, Apple TV, phone, computer, etc. Don't want the trouble of finding blocker for all type of devices and also want to support content creators.
Thanks for the answer, exactly what I was wondering about.It seems good considering how much Youtube I watch. It can definitely be of interest.:)

jae

Major Contributor
Thanks for the answer, exactly what I was wondering about. Sounds good. Considering how much Youtube I watch, it can definitely be of interest.:)
Sponsorblock will block a lot of in-video ads (gives you the option to manually skip, automatically skip etc). The database for it is crowdsourced, so essentially it is people that submit suggestions for blocking to a database. Works extremely well for videos that are very popular. The time period that the ads appear are hilighted in the video's seek bar, so you can see how long you're skipping etc, and its even colour-coded for different types of ads. Very versatile addon that saves a lot of time

Last edited:
Top Bottom