• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

You're 12, never watched a single Star Wars movie/show - where do you start?

JSmith

Master Contributor
AchingWearyFieldmouse-size_restricted.gif

JSmith

OP
EB1000

EB1000

I've followed through with the popular recommendation to start with the original trilogy. So yesterday we sat to watch the original Star Wars (2012 Remastered edited Bluray edition). Well, she fell asleep 45 minutes into it... :rolleyes:

So, I guess that this was it... Thank you all for the advice.

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've followed through with the popular recommendation to start with the original trilogy. So yesterday we sat to watch the original Star Wars (2012 Remastered edited Bluray edition). Well, she fell asleep 45 minutes into it... :rolleyes:

So, I guess that this was it... Thank you all for the advice.
She’s better off. I’ve seen them all. So many wasted hours after the first 2. Maybe 3 if you needed the ending. So what’s next? The Sopranos will keep her on the edge of her seat. :)

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You could always watch 633 Squadron instead of Star Wars IV........

JSmith

Master Contributor
Well, she fell asleep 45 minutes into it... :rolleyes:
I hate to say it, but I had a feeling that would happen if you started with ANH. I still reckon the best way to get younger people into the SW universe, is to start with the one that was directed at kids and families, that is more modern, i.e. Phantom Menace. She may have related to the younger Padme or Anakin more than an older Luke and Leia was my thought. Also, children tend to be annoyed when Dad says watch this awesome movie from 35 years ago... sets the bias already. Reverse psychology can work in these cases sometimes... sit there really enjoying SW and when they ask about it, tell them they won't like it. Then they may want to watch what Dad thinks they won't like... ;)

JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
So I watched Ep.1 The Phantom Menance last night for the first time in 5 years... still really enjoyed it for what it is. The attention to detail, camera work, audio and CGI is superb... oh, and Jar Jar is funny. :cool:

JSmith

Top Bottom