• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Your social classification according to music genres you prefer (not to be taken too seriously ;)

Which level have you "achieved" ;) / attention: votes publicly visible :)

• Total voters
OP
pavuol

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Levels: "void drifter" edition:
levels_void_drifter_edition.png

OP
pavuol

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I cannot stress enough that I dont want to offend any artist mentioned or members of this forum, take it easy, peace ;)
Credits go to whoever spent time & energy for creating this stuff, that's undeniable, :) whatever the creditibility/validity..

Oh, and one last thing. Did you notice the "Can" can swim? :p

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
I can be a sadomasochist sometimes listening to all sorts of avant garde and experimental music. I don’t even have to necessarily enjoy it myself. I especially like watching people’s faces day after day as they squirm listening to such “god awful, dreadful noise.” Brings a smile to my face every time.

digicidal

Major Contributor
I definitely spend most of my time around 3-4 but I've got a few happy selections that "go to eleven" for sure. I draw the line at Tibetan throat singing however... katajjaq is fine though. As a resident of North America I've gotta keep it real you know.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I can only assume you have never been subjected to audiophile jazz, stunning recordings of decent players of famous songs somehow yielding something almost, but not quite, entirely unlike music.

I tried listening to my copy "Jazz at the Pawnshop" the other night. On vinyl, natch.

I got halfway through side 1 before I started getting sleepy and took it off.

Robin L

Master Contributor
I also noticed they completely ignored classical, and all the sub genres, I assume it's like it used to be in the largest record shops, eventually you spotted the door hidden away to the classical section, an oasis of calm.
And note that the OTT level would naturally include Xenakis & Stockhausen.

Robin L

Master Contributor

Robin L

Master Contributor

digicidal

Major Contributor
Where does Sun Ra fit on this scale?

Don't know, but thanks to your post... that's what number I'm on right now. :cool: I will have to say those horns sound like someone choking the life out of a flock of geese. LOL!

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Don't know, but thanks to your post... that's what number I'm on right now. :cool: I will have to say those horns sound like someone choking the life out of a flock of geese. LOL!

Thanks!

I especially like it on the acid trip colored vinyl version:

Sun-Ra-Space-is-the-Place-Exclusive-Color-Vinyl-LP-2365279-1_1024x1024.jpg

OP
pavuol

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Did you listen to it?
Yes, and from my subjective point of view, nothing very special, progressive or experimental, sorry :) But I'm not saying, it is bad, I see some good polyphony, percussions/drums/cymbals, "time-development" there, and some humour too :) I like the vinyl design as well!

Top Bottom