• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Your Favorite Loudspeakers of all time whether you owned them or not

thecity2

I've owned many different speakers from Paradigm to NHT to Klipsch, but my favorite speakers are a pair that I DIY'd almost 25 years ago and am still using in my main system today.
IMG_2022.jpg

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The one that held my fancy for the longest time was Klipschorn. Another that caught my attention was Mirage OM-1.

Right now I am mostly confused about what I would pick. The more I know the less capable I am of deciding what to do. At some point I will suddenly decide.

Anton S

In descending order of preference, Definitive Technology Mythos ST-L, KEF 104/2, R11, & R700, PSB Synchrony T600

Probably Danley Synergy horns; Then good JBL compression driver + horn speakers; then KEF R11. Below that it starts to vary greatly.
Subwoofer wise my favorites are the Danley tapped horns, and JBL's big PA subs.
Of course, I place high importance on dynamic capability as I find inefficient speakers to not sound clean at "realistic" volumes...
And AC/DC was realistically played at 11... So my favorite speakers are ones which can actually go to 11.

Top Bottom