• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This nice first picture is a little outdated. The Burson Conductor V2+ and the Calyx Femti were replaced by an RME ADI-2 DAC FS v2 and an Apollon NC502MP.

Speakers are Monitor Audio Platinum PL100 on the excellent IsoAcoustics Aperta 200. Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen I measured here.

D35_0501.JPG

IMG_20200809_122023.jpg

eq2.png

Last edited:

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

soundwave76

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
We pretty much match. Even the same Ikea desk, if not the same width. I'd probably kill myself if forced to use that keyboard, though. Now I just have to replace my Audient by something with hardware mixing and software volume control but still with controls on the top.

By the way, found any port noise with your 7350?

Your desk looks wider, and the keyboard much more noisy. ;) I havent had any problems with the 7350. Do you have one as well?

q3cpma

Major Contributor
Last edited:

mkt

Another Ikea/Genelec co-production. Topping DX7 Pro -> Genelec 7350 + 8320.
Next up, some GIK stuff for the front corners.
1588511229143.jpeg

mkt

soundwave76

Forum Donor
^^^ Thomann sells all sorts of table mounts and also tall light standing mounts, that might work ok behind the table

Reactions: mkt

mkt

zalan.reilly

I think it would be entertaining to see what members have for their setup.

I thought of making a thread asking what Nox Vidmate VLC I should get but I didn't think it would be as fun seeing what other members have and to generate ideas for my new desk setup in my small bedroom.
they are just for regular music/tv/youtube everyday use. Active speakers just save a lot of space and money on a separate amplifier.

Last edited:

escape2

• Changed Fluid Audio stands to short legs.

@Berwhale How do you like those Fluid Audio stands? I'm thinking of picking some up, but I've read they get all scratched up if you try to reconfigure them after the first setup.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I wouldn't want to reconfigure them often (I changed the height of mine once). The stands are quite cheaply made. The plastic legs that go on the sides are a very tight fit and are difficult to remove without damaging the surface or the edging on platform parts. The screws are also rubbish and had to be replaced.

I'm not using the stands at the moment because I reconfigured my desk and needed something with a higher tilt. I ended buying a pair of AudioEngine DS1s...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audioengine-Desktop-Vibration-inclined-silicone/dp/B002ATK2OS

£29 is a lot of cash for two chunks of rubber, but they look good under my Tannoy's and point the tweeters in the right direction.

One last point about the Fluid stands; my Tannoy monitors have curved edges and a foam isolation pad glued on the bottom. They never sat fully on the silicone feet on the top of the stand. They weren't wobbly, it just looked a bit weird.

* Update *

I bought a new monitor and the Tannoy's had to back on the Fluid stands and monitor risers in order to fit on my desk. I'm pretty happy with the setup...

20201018_155028 (Small).jpg

The monitor is very nice. It has a built in KVM and a USB-C docking station with 90W Power Delivery. As well as replacing my old screen, it's displaced a USB docking station, laptop PSU, DisplayPort switch, USB switch, USB webcam and 1/2 mile of cables.

Last edited:

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
PSB Imagine XB, Tempotec Sonata HD Pro dongle for DAC, JDS Labs Atom, generic ICE125ASX2 amp off Ebay. Focal Elear.

I also have a Topping D50S, but switched it out a month and a half ago for the Sonata HD Pro. Can't tell the difference in sound, so time to get rid of the D50S.

SMc

Too much fun! My desktop is a computer system with an old Mac Mini that shares an NAD D1050 with the Quad 63s and a Fast Track Pro with my MIDI keyboard. Monitoring is thru an NAD C340 and Infinity Primus 150s or NAD HP50s thru the D1050 or Grados thru the Fast Track.

Top Bottom