• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

escape2

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Recent addition to my desktop setup: SVS SB2000.

Now I have to relocate my speaker amp and DAC - they dance too much when I crank things up.

nYa7YXZ.jpg

Last edited:

jd_cincy

Did a (nearly) full refresh this year... current setup -
  • Denon AVR-4311CI
  • VTV - Stereo Purifi 400
  • Dynaudio Evoke 10
  • SVS SB-3000 Micro
  • Topping D90SE
  • Topping A90D
  • Audeze LCD-2
  • Audeze Penrose
  • Sound Blaster
20220831_232306845_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

MAB

Major Contributor
Rauna Freja speakers (aka Swedish tombstones)
Dual Seas W26FX subs in sealed enclosures
Bryston 10b crossover
Two Bryston 4B ST amps
RME ADI-2 FS DAC / headphone amp / DSP

fragzone

-JDS labs OL DAC
-JDS labs atom amp
-Sundara 2020 revision (oratory1990 harman EQ used always)
-6XX (oratory1990 harman used below 100 hz for that sub bass goodness, prefer the rest of the spectrum completely stock for those juicy mids)
-speakers are Swan m200mkiii+ on isoacoustic stands

Just moved to a much bigger room which has brought with it both positives and negatives. Firstly, I can now fit my TV in my room more than adequately, however it also takes the prime central position where the desk would otherwise be. I noticed within the first 3 seconds that this corner position for my desk activates some nasty room modes in the speakers bass response. Will DSP using REW coupled with some bass traps perhaps ever come close to rectifying this, or should I just bite the bullet now and consider rearranging my room to make it fit better?
IMG_20220905_192129.jpg

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For folks who have headphones and speakers when do use headphones?

MadMaxx

I worked in talk radio for about 6 years. Wearing headphones 6-8 hours every day drove me nuts. I can't stand them anymore.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I worked in talk radio for about 6 years. Wearing headphones 6-8 hours every day drove me nuts. I can't stand them anymore.
Yep. When we all went into home office in March 2020 I had to wear the headset for many hours. After 2 days I could not stand it any longer and revived my pro equipment (a Beyer Dynamic super cardioid mic feeding a Mackie mixing console, a RME ADI2 PRO and 2 Genelec 8020a). I got very good remarks for the excellent sound quality of my voice (sounds like a news speaker) and I use the EQ of the RME if someone is difficult to understand.

04gto

dorakeg

Just saw this thread. My desktop speakers is just a single Bluetooth soundbar.

I have very simple requirement for my computer speakers..haha. prior to this it's creative pebble speakers.

Dreamslayer

I use headphones almost exclusively for playing games (especially FPS games where you need to hear opponents).

Less competitive games are on speakers.

If I'm listening to music, I'm using my speakers.

Top Bottom