• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

Offler

P6070129.jpg

Elac DBR-62
NAD d3020v2, Toslink.

Since the source is Windows PC, and its used for gaming, movies and music the setup is more than adequate. By tweaking the THD and IMD introduced by Windows was reduced as much as possible.

jd_cincy

Cloffice setup -
Denon 4311ci
Philips 867
Dynaudio Emit 10
AudioGD nf11.28 DAC / AMP
Audeze LCD-2
Audeze Penrose
Emotiva Sub 10

On Order -
Dynaudio Evoke 10
VTV AMPLIFIER Stereo Purifi Audio 1ET400A
REL T/7x

Attachments

• 20220130_203125052_iOS.jpg
    20220130_203125052_iOS.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 292

bantamug

1BE0B509-074A-4C35-B933-22CD9FFBD787.jpeg
Office Setup:

- Genelec 8030Cs on Genelec Plates / Konig & Meryer mic stands to bring tweeters to ear level

- JDS Labs Element II as DAC / preamp and volume control + headphone amp for HD800s

- Sources are Roon + TIDAL/Local library as well as Spotify

Recently upgraded to these from 8010As after messing about with a subwoofer, these 8030Cs are better by themselves than I could get the 8010As with a sub.

Thoroughly enjoyable setup!

JimmyKing

Nice to see some really cool setups here. :)

Just got my iFi Zen RMA'd and it's nice to get it back after using bluetooth for a while.

PXL_20220205_160920324.MP.jpg

The iFi Zen DAC is connected balanced to a SMSL DA-9 amplifier, on to a pair of Q Acoustics 3020 speakers. Beyond that you'll see a pair of Philips X2HRs, Hifiman Sundaras (just visible, under desk on right), Fiio FHE (on desk), and a Raspberry Pi 3b+ w/ a BOSS DAC HAT running spotifyd on Manjaro Linux for Spotify Connect when the main PC is off. Plus a bunch of other IEMs on the right (I think I'm done with that rabbit hole).

Before lock-down, music was nothing more than background noise for me. During lock-down I bought some Edifier r1700bt powered speakers & they got me more interested. Everything here is a nice upgrade over those & I'm now hooked. :)

quimbo

The number one benefit of working from home, for me, is being able to have my own audio system in a my own private office so I can listen to music while I work during the day. My only source is my Mac, on which I mostly stream thru Tidal, but I also have Apple Music and a personal collection of lossless music that I stream from my own server. Up until recently I had a very modest system in my office with $100 speakers and a little 6" Kanto sub, but at the end of last year I decided I wanted to put together something excellent. Here is a diagram of my new system:
View attachment 184034
Below is my desk where it all lives. I love that the miniDSP Flex can switch on the fly between different Dirac calibrations that I have for sitting vs. standing mode, and it makes everything sound great both ways. Up until this week when the new Flex showed up, standing mode has always suffered quite bad acoustically. I also recently made the 4 foot tall acoustic panels behind my desk, and on the wall to the left. In my small 115 sq/ft office, they made a dramatic improvement in sound quality.

View attachment 184037

The electronics stack sits nicely under the left side of my monitor:

View attachment 184038
How wide is the dac stand? Do you have a link for it?

gorb

Forum Donor
Installed new speaker stands today and tried to clean up some of the cabling by mounting the surge protectors under the desk. Also added carpet spikes to my chairmat because it kept sliding around :D
MOOUOyw.jpg

XRBtgi9.jpg

Previous stands were IsoAcoustics ISO-155 and new ones are Gator Frameworks clamp on studio monitor stands.

rwortman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2/JBL LSR305/Monoprice studio sub/Roon/Reaper

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
What chair is that?
Looks like a Herman Miller: https://www.hermanmiller.com/en_gb/products/seating/

View attachment 192269

Home Office

Focal Utopia Diablo Evo
Levinson 335
Levinson 38
Levinson 30.6
Clearaudio Concept + IFI Zen Phono
Velodyne MiniVee

Hidden under the desk are a Mac Mini M1 + Topping D10 (USB -> toslink -> 30.6)

K&H heated pad for the cat. :)

Is that a desk set-up, or is that a desk in a room with a conventional set-up? :D

6th0

USB from PC using an iFi iDefender and iSilencer to cut down on the static when I move the mouse
SMSL SU-9N DAC
XLR cable from SU-9N to an SMSL AO200 amp
RCA cable from SU-9N to a Topping L30 for Koss KPH30iK headphones
M&K S-125 speakers
M&K MX-200 dual 12" isobaric sub

The M&K speakers and sub were picked up cheap from a local estate sale out of curiosity and with the intent to sell off to fund my next upgrade. They have now replaced my JBL Studio 530s and BIC F12 sub. I'm surprised because I was expecting to keep the JBL's until I could convince myself to pick up Polk Reserve R200's. I still recommend the 530's to a lot of budget-minded friends, though.

I'm very happy with this setup!

stemfencer

Recently upgraded to these from 8010As after messing about with a subwoofer, these 8030Cs are better by themselves than I could get the 8010As with a sub.
Any chance you can elaborate a bit further here, did you try some DSP/EQ and room calibrated mic or just wasn't working for you in other way?

chang

Nice to see some really cool setups here. :)

Just got my iFi Zen RMA'd and it's nice to get it back after using bluetooth for a while.

View attachment 184473

The iFi Zen DAC is connected balanced to a SMSL DA-9 amplifier, on to a pair of Q Acoustics 3020 speakers. Beyond that you'll see a pair of Philips X2HRs, Hifiman Sundaras (just visible, under desk on right), Fiio FHE (on desk), and a Raspberry Pi 3b+ w/ a BOSS DAC HAT running spotifyd on Manjaro Linux for Spotify Connect when the main PC is off. Plus a bunch of other IEMs on the right (I think I'm done with that rabbit hole).

Before lock-down, music was nothing more than background noise for me. During lock-down I bought some Edifier r1700bt powered speakers & they got me more interested. Everything here is a nice upgrade over those & I'm now hooked. :)
Glad I ran across this. I was thinking of going with a similar setup (speakers, amp, dac), but with a 2.1 in a small living room for TV / music duty. The room is 13 x 22 (8 ft. ceiling) and I'll be sitting 12 ft. away. Think your setup has enough juice for that size space?

MeZoX

not exactly a desktop , I use a recliner and lap desk

Attachments

• pcst.jpeg
    pcst.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 103
Top Bottom