• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

whyfi

For speakers - Windows 10 > Asus Xonar > M-Audio AV40
For headphones - Bluesound Node > Schiit Magni > Drop HD6xx
I'm new to the game and kept it all inexpensive as I learn.

matchi

First post, hello all :)
Speakers - Tidal/Foobar > CA Dacmagic 200M > SMSL SA300 (DA-9 Ordered) > QA 3020
Headphones - Tidal/Foobar > CA Dacmagic 200M > Arcam rHead > HE-400i

escape2

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Very nice!

I use this little Radiwow to listen to NPR sometimes...

6Nm7kTMh.jpg

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Finally finished my custom desk project which I've been working on forever and a half.

tmSSwTN.jpg

RME ADI-2 DAC > Aiyima A07 (Waiting on a Buckeye NC252MP) > KEF R3 (Upside down on K&M 26774 monitor stands)

Plus a bunch of headphones which aren't pictured.

Gradius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I had D50s before (sold it).

ATM, I have Atom Amp and the trusty HD650.

Speakers: Yamaha HS80M (modded by me).

My "dac" is just from MB desktop right now.

I'm thinking going to D90SE + A90 next year.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
My Dynaudio LYD 48’s have arrived after a 3 month delay, replacing my previous KRK G4 Rokit 7’s and KRK 10s sub, not got them hooked up to the KRK sub just yet as I want to wait a while to see how they sound, although I will probably end up buying the Dynaudio 18s sub in the new year.

They are a definite improvement on the KRK’s though, very wide and open with a fat juicy midrange that’s putting a big smile on my face.

I’m not moving from my seat till I develop pressure sores on my arse…….or until my beer runs out………

51707312700_242f31b3db_3k.jpg

panther

My Dynaudio LYD 48’s have arrived after a 3 month delay, replacing my previous KRK G4 Rokit 7’s and KRK 10s sub, not got them hooked up to the KRK sub just yet as I want to wait a while to see how they sound, although I will probably end up buying the Dynaudio 18s sub in the new year.

They are a definite improvement on the KRK’s though, very wide and open with a fat juicy midrange that’s putting a big smile on my face.

I’m not moving from my seat till I develop pressure sores on my arse…….or until my beer runs out………

51707312700_242f31b3db_3k.jpg
Fantastic setup, love the desk also!

Robin L

Master Contributor
Speakers are a/d/s 400e, two-way speakers intended to be used with a sub. The sub is a Sonance "Son of Sub", in a rolling equipment rack along with a Yamaha AVR used in a 2.1 configuration, with a Sony Blu-Ray player on top. There's also the Topping E/L30 mini stack, Drop 6XX headphones. Not seen is a tiny Fiio M3K DAP I use frequently for uninterrupted music while I paint.

DSCF5145.JPG

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Pi 4 LMS server on other side of room feeds RME ADI-2 DAC FS via squeezelite on custom Pi Zero 2 W receiver/display, or via Chromecast Audio, or directly from Chromebox. Typically use LMS Material Skin on the Chromebox for control, or the touchscreen to stop/start and skip. The RME auto-switches between inputs depending on presence of signal. RME feeds JBL 305p MK II pair. Rarely use headphones, but when I do, it's an ancient pair of Sennheisers.

AVvXsEhDMUq_PHzp3MMiEFzDDmgc7O7fFDyx44JGwERKJMDvF8_wXsaszKjfHK5VwngS6Rcr1GTQfVnYJcBFRD54v5J9EHgIcjOXsLlC4RwO_oU3LA2zj2_GFWNqlFOv8j89c1miUxrrVeAZcAVDH_-jhRqY6OWNs4dvXH6rTO7oDZu9hixRHGRegHePsjOYaQ=s2554

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Speakers are a/d/s 400e, two-way speakers intended to be used with a sub. The sub is a Sonance "Son of Sub", in a rolling equipment rack along with a Yamaha AVR used in a 2.1 configuration, with a Sony Blu-Ray player on top. There's also the Topping E/L30 mini stack, Drop 6XX headphones. Not seen is a tiny Fiio M3K DAP I use frequently for uninterrupted music while I paint.

View attachment 168233

Those acoustically treated, custom-built speaker stands look expensive! :D

Robin L

Master Contributor
Those acoustically treated, custom-built speaker stands look expensive! :D
They are perfectly adjusted as regards height.
These are heavy-duty, hardbound history books, FWIW. Solid stuff.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Fantastic setup, love the desk also!

cheers panther, I couldn’t find a desk to my specifications so bought a 2000mm x 960mm x 40mm walnut worktop, treated it with osmo satinwood and cut lengthwise so I had a 2000mm x 280mm length for a monitor shelf, i cut a radius of 100mm for the front corners and chamfered 10mm top/bottom then figured out what height the shelf should be and screwed it together, finally fitted two 700mm x 600mm steel legs and there you go - my perfect height/width/functional desk. My CXN v2 streamer is moving to a pull out shelf thats fixed to the underside of the desk (above the wee cabinet) so I can have a clean desktop.

I previously had an cheap IKEA desk top/legs but the desktop sounded like a drum as it vibrated at certain bass frequencies and really pissed me off.

Here’s a better pic of it, and a small side table I made from a walnut kitchen chopping block, same style of legs and fitted with castor wheels so I can move it around

50572726093_f4de887b96_k.jpg

50572726938_99674a706b_k.jpg

Top Bottom