• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

You should all try this

TSX

If possible try it over your high end hifi/phones, and toggle on/off the generator, with your eyes closed. I tried with my AKG phones direct in a 3.5mm output on a Lenovo laptop. (I’ll try again on my hifi, when I get settled in in our new house)
I concider myself having above average hearing. I’ve produced, mixed and mastered a dozen or so albums, and have quite a solid experiences with hifi/audio in general. No matter how good I think my hearing is, I can’t hear anything above 14Khz
Highres audio is an illusion in my world usage.

Be honest and post your result

I’m “only” 43 by the way

Thanks!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

If possible try it over your high end hifi/phones, and toggle on/off the generator, with your eyes closed. I tried with my AKG phones direct in a 3.5mm output on a Lenovo laptop. (I’ll try again on my hifi, when I get settled in in our new house)
I concider myself having above average hearing. I’ve produced, mixed and mastered a dozen or so albums, and have quite a solid experiences with hifi/audio in general. No matter how good I think my hearing is, I can’t hear anything above 14Khz
Highres audio is an illusion in my world usage.

Be honest and post your result

I’m “only” 43 by the way

Thanks!
I think there is already a thread for checking one's ears using this tone generator. :D

Reactions: TSX

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
But. Is the tone there when you can’t hear it?

syn08

14.3KHz, I'm 64. But I hear it more like a noise, rather than a pure tone.

Interesting (at least for me), sine and sawtooth are the signals I am most sensitive to. Square wave and triangle, I'm slightly under 13KHz

Top Bottom