• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

You know you've had too much ASR when...

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Great! I only have two then.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
While Blind Cave Salamander sounds like the name of a Delta-region blues singer that Alan Lomax might have recorded out in the field -- I mean...
there are these guys people beings :
https://www.salamanderdesigns.com/

:rolleyes:
And they'd make a better performing phono than the Huei.

So, I must have had too much ASR when I've memorized the stack rankings of equipment by SINAD.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
When you crash your laptop because you have opened 3 trillion Google search pages trying to look up all the Audio Terminology used here. Like learning a new language using a fire hose!

Katji

Major Contributor
^^^ jus' sayin'...

1611350460063.png

That doesn't include the current tabs.
Not too much of ASR, more like too much ADD. Those tabs have been there open for weeks, to remind me.

Attachments

• 1611350329188.png
    1611350329188.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 64

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
When you can no longer listen to music, because you don't have a microphone at home, to verify via measurements what you think you hear.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There are, like, three new terms since 1980.
;)
That's funny, I lived on islands in the Indian Ocean & the equatorial Western Pacific from 2001-2018 and literally 2/3 of the of the time I have no idea what the abbreviations being used are (not specific to audio, either). In 1975 I passed my 3rd class radio/telephone license to operate a radio station, I produced radio adds, etc. On the islands We didn't do texting and didn't have reliable internet for more than about 3 people at a time. PEQ, DAC, ADC are just the start of the things that I have had to look up to see what is being talked about. And then to learn how to use them...has been/is another thing all together. It was really nice to never be less than 68 degrees outside, not change more than 8 degrees in 24 hours, never go over 96 degrees outside and to be able to see an anchor hit the bottom when you throw it into 100 ft of water. But we rarely used a computer (or phone that was a computer, so basically everything since 2002 is something new & never experienced before.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When you close your eyes and you can still see Webster’s horn equation on the back of your eye lids.

Top Bottom