• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

you have been in a coma for 2 years, which movie should you watch?

jayapple

Joker? Films that don't seem to have much resonance these two years. But this movie seems OK. I didn't know that being a comic book villain was acceptable to so many people.

In fact, if you don't read the comics, you can watch him as a biographical film.

The movie is a complete departure from the comic books, which depict antisocial serial killers. Seems like a sad story.
The actors are good, the movies are good, or they wouldn't have won so many awards.

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Funny how Asian Nurses seems valid, even if intended as a joke. I watched Barbie with my 11 year old. She liked it. I thought it was preachy but clever enough. Was really betting on Killers of a Flower Moon. Just didn’t get there for me. Damn if Leo can’t act though, he stood out. Same with Oppenheimer. Just 8/10. Worth watching but big box office movies feel like the need more editing. Put 2 good hours on screen instead of 3 hours of masturbation.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
...instead of ... masturbation.
"Autoeroticism (also known as autoerotism or self-gratification) is sexual activity involving only one participant. It is the practice of sexually pleasuring oneself."
imo: That is Hollywood in a nutshell!

muza_1

Poor Things
Dune II
Perfect Days
Radical
Godzilla Minus One
La Sociedad de la Nieve
The Holdovers
Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One

Sam1879

the monk and the gun

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Having thought about it a little more...

I would head straight to the Call for Humor thread here and leave the movies for later.

Tell

Joker? Films that don't seem to have much resonance these two years. But this movie seems OK. I didn't know that being a comic book villain was acceptable to so many people.

In fact, if you don't read the comics, you can watch him as a biographical film.

The movie is a complete departure from the comic books, which depict antisocial serial killers. Seems like a sad story.
The actors are good, the movies are good, or they wouldn't have won so many awards.
Joker is a brilliant movie for sure, I'd recommend everyone to watch it! But it's five years old by now and OPs coma only lasted for two years.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Poor Things
Dune II
Perfect Days
Radical
Godzilla Minus One
La Sociedad de la Nieve
The Holdovers
Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One

Nice list. Of which I've seen three. Even without the coma break, it's hard to keep current.

muza_1

Nice list. Of which I've seen three. Even without the coma break, it's hard to keep current.

Isn't it? Just after the pandemic I stopped watching movies for no good reason, I think I got used to spend more time in the PC instead, lately I've been catching up.

JSmith

Master Contributor
?

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga

1718169572730.png

JSmith

Miguelón

Forum Donor
By popular decision you (and me too) should imperatively watch “Poor things”, “Oppenheimer” and “Barbie”

“Barbie” can be perfect if your frontal cortex has been injured during the coma. “Oppenheimer” was not very popular in Japan (banned if I remember well) but no problem if you’re not in this country. “Poor things” maybe the happy average :cool:

JSmith

Master Contributor
“Oppenheimer” was not very popular in Japan (banned if I remember well)
I gather with good reason... to this day the US is the only Country ever to use a nuclear bomb in war on cities/people.

Anyway, this is about a man who comes out of a coma after 7 years @dasdoing. :p

1718174451255.png

JSmith

jayapple

Joker is a brilliant movie for sure, I'd recommend everyone to watch it! But it's five years old by now and OPs coma only lasted for two years.
In fact, in recent years, only the movie Joker has left a deep impression on me.
It is a restricted-level film and has been banned in many countries.

Oppenheimer is a fairly good movie from the past two years, but it's like a documentary.

Top Bottom