• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

You can't hear the difference between Dx3pro and Atom/Topping D50s?

Fregly

I know the answer to this, I think; but still, audiophile upgrade-itis is whispering to me and I've been thinking of replacing the Dx3pro with the Atom combo. I guess it would be nice to have a set up reaching near SOTA for not much money.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You can get an Atom and try it with the DX3Pro first, to check if you can hear a difference. If not, at least you'll stack the Atom somewhere and be covered if the DX3Pro blows. No need to get a D50s too quickly, new DACs will come every month.

OP
F

Fregly

You can get an Atom and try it with the DX3Pro first, to check if you can hear a difference. If not, at least you'll stack the Atom somewhere and be covered if the DX3Pro blows. No need to get a D50s too quickly, new DACs will come every month.
I was thinking that. The price of the Atom makes it not much of a decision.

OP
F

Fregly

I have both and ever since the headphone amp section of the DX3 Pro blew, it's been shelved even though the DAC section works fine. I am using the D50s and Atom .... one word ...AWESOME! I upgraded the volume knob on the Atom (look in the Atom thread) and it gives it a killer look as well as a great feel. Like mustard and ketchup ...... salt and pepper .... etc.. .....D50s and Atom are exemplary complimentary goods ......
Nice little stack. It's crazy the level of sound available now for next to nothing in audiophile terms.

thomasjast

I vastly prefer the sound of Atom + D50s vs DX3 Pro. Much more power for my headphones and 100% less clicking :cool:

Top Bottom