• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yet another Revel F206 thread

I've read about how you want a particular effective crossover slope, as that gives the best phase response or something, how much is this necessary/necessary if one is using equalization? I think the slope I've got set might be different than the thx standard, in that I've got this setting on the denon that I think adjusts how the sub rolls off above the xover frequency set at "100hz"?

Any chance anyone else has noticed that in @amirm 's review of the 208 there's a chart showing the low woofers playing flat all the way up to just below 500hz? I'm bout to ask there why this is so much higher than what Revel says the xover frequency is?

TurtlePaul

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Any chance anyone else has noticed that in @amirm 's review of the 208 there's a chart showing the low woofers playing flat all the way up to just below 500hz? I'm bout to ask there why this is so much higher than what Revel says the xover frequency is?
I wonder if the mic was too close to capture the baffle step loss properly.

Top Bottom