• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yamaha WXC-50 optical output

Gastromush

Good morning,
i have my Samsung TV connected through optical to the Yamaha WXC-50 opt in, and this latter outputs through RCA on the Aux of a pair of amplified speaker. I can't hear the tv; do i need to connect the streamer's optical out to the speakers as well?

BenjaminB

It's complicated ....
WXC-50 has many possibilities, depends very much on which / how.
- Which output connector on the WXC are you using? (you should probably use those marked "pre-out". probably with the switch in position "pre-amp".
- the out-put marked "Aux" is a fixed level output. Will give full blast.

What input are you using on the loudspeakers? RCA - analog?

It seems to be problems with using TV optical output as input to a following audio stage. Could be the TV which may not sync with the audio equipment. Could be the optical fibre, or how the optical connectors are handled - it is easy to get those wrong.

There should not be a use for connecting the WXC optical output to the speakers - does the speakers have optical connections?

I am using a rather similar connection between a Samsung TV and a musiccast unit - works without any problem. Thus, if your TV is not very old, should not be a problem with the TV. My initial guess is on the optical fibre and its connectors.

OP
G

Gastromush

Hello,
It actually works, I had forgotten selecting the Aux source on the speakers
Sorry about this, I guess I should close or cancel the thread?

Top Bottom