• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yamaha NS-F350 anyone?

skymusic20

Hi all!

Has anyone had any experience with these Yamaha NS-F350 speakers?

I have never heard about them before and seems as if they are mainly for European market:

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/speaker_systems/ns-f350/index.html

Tried google but little if anything comes, just a handful of Amazon reviews in Germany.... (and Amazon reviews are not always a good guide when it comes to speakers I guess)

There are also the more expensive ones Yamaha NS-F901:

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/produc...er_systems/ns-f901/features.html#product-tabs

There is a bit more of info about them but not much.

Can we say that if no one knows these speakers it is because they are for sure bad, mediocre or simply not worth?

I know any of you can point me at better and much better well known speakers, but just wonder if any of you have anything to say about above speakers just at looking at the specs and design?

Thanks all!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yamaha Canada has them on the website but I can't find a price for them. What price are they?

OP
S

skymusic20

Now I can't even find them in Amazon (or anywhere else), but almost a year ago the NSF-350 were about USD$600 per pair
The NS-F901 were about USD$1500.00 per pair.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Now I can't even find them in Amazon (or anywhere else), but almost a year ago the NSF-350 were about USD$600 per pair
The NS-F901 were about USD$1500.00 per pair.
USD $600 a pair does sound enticing although I will add that I retailed Yamaha for some years and the electronics are top notch for the mid-fi price range they hit but the speakers where hit and miss. The NS-1000(m) and NS-2000 are better sounding speakers but the other Yamaha speakers where not as as good as American and European speakers. They Yamahas lacked the accuracy and sometimes had sibilance and a weak top end or bass. I recommend listening to them and AB comparing them to other speakers before buying any speaker. :D

Hydrav

The problem is without proper measurements you're kinda just shooting in the dark. Most measurements are done in the US and they have a different speaker market than Europe, e.g. Yamaha ns 555 and ns 777 are quite popular in Europe but not so in the US. I have the ns 555 and they sound pretty good subjectively but I have no measurements to compare them to KEF or Revel. The ns f901 look awesome but there is no way I'm spending that kind of money on speakers without measurements. Unless I can get them cheap used.

We need a European Amir to start measuring these cheap Yamaha speakers so we know what performance we're paying for.

tuga

Major Contributor
Here's a FR plot of the NS-330 standmount:

RKkaCbl.png

Hydrav

Thanks for posting those measurements. I'm a complete newbie to all this, but it seems to me there is no spinorama chart, so how can you judge the off axis response from those? Also the Hi-Fi world measurements look really bad, and it seems the whole review is hidden behind a paywall.

Last edited:

tuga

Major Contributor
Thanks for posting those measurements. I'm a complete newbie to all this, but it seems to me there is no spinorama chart, so how can you judge the off axis response from those? Also the Hi-Fi world measurements look really bad, and it seems the whole review is hidden behind a paywall.

The review is there but the text is in white and blends nicely into the background. You can copy-paste into a text programme and change the font colour to black.
Graph 1 for the NS-F901 is a listening window averaged plot.

The NS-330 plot shows the 15° off-axis response in purple and the 30° in yellow.

OP
S

skymusic20

The problem is without proper measurements you're kinda just shooting in the dark. Most measurements are done in the US and they have a different speaker market than Europe, e.g. Yamaha ns 555 and ns 777 are quite popular in Europe but not so in the US. I have the ns 555 and they sound pretty good subjectively but I have no measurements to compare them to KEF or Revel. The ns f901 look awesome but there is no way I'm spending that kind of money on speakers without measurements. Unless I can get them cheap used.

We need a European Amir to start measuring these cheap Yamaha speakers so we know what performance we're paying for.

Thanks, I was not aware of the NS 555 but they look identical to the NS-F350

(I have seen the NS 777 but never listened to them. They have bigger woofers...)

Which ones are the more recent model 555 or 350?

I can not find the differences....

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/speaker_systems/ns-555/index.html

Thanks

Archsam

Top Bottom