• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yamaha MX-A5000 With Marantz AV7706

Hello!

Yamaha MX-A5000 With Marantz AV7706

This combination is a good option for a 7.2.4 configuration? This Would be better than the Yamaha MX-A5000 with the Cinema 50 (pre amp mode )?

An AVR working as a processor is the “same” as a native processor? The difference in what you pay is justified by the sound you get from the processor?

Let me know your thoughts?

Thank you,

Cláudio Nogueira

Golfx

Forum Donor
You really want separates don’t you? Did you find a good price on a used A5000? They have been discontinued. If you have a good price to your liking on the A5000 then the 7706 has a lot of features and would work well.

A lot of people would just get the newer future proof (8K) Cinema 50. Then they could buy a separate 3 channel amp to drive your LCR and used the left over less powerful internal amps of the Cinema 50 to drive the surrounds and atmos speakers.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't expect a different "sound" from the pre-pro vs the avr.....I'd be more concerned as to whether that amp is sufficient.

OP
C
You really want separates don’t you? Did you find a good price on a used A5000? They have been discontinued. If you have a good price to your liking on the A5000 then the 7706 has a lot of features and would work well.

A lot of people would just get the newer future proof (8K) Cinema 50. Then they could buy a separate 3 channel amp to drive your LCR and used the left over less powerful internal amps of the Cinema 50 to drive the surrounds and atmos speakers.
Hello!
Thank you for your time and advice.
The “solution” that you gave, regarding the use of the Cinema 50 with an external Amplifier for the LCR chanels, is something that i was considering from the very beggining. Cinema 50 with the Anthem MCA 325 Gen 2.
My doubt was / is ( I guess ) the possibility of having a 7.2.4 configuration with just one external amplifier for the LCR chanels and the other chanels supported by the AVR Cinema 50.

Thank you.

Cláudio Nogueira

Golfx

Forum Donor
Hello!
Thank you for your time and advice.
The “solution” that you gave, regarding the use of the Cinema 50 with an external Amplifier for the LCR chanels, is something that i was considering from the very beggining. Cinema 50 with the Anthem MCA 325 Gen 2.
My doubt was / is ( I guess ) the possibility of having a 7.2.4 configuration with just one external amplifier for the LCR chanels and the other chanels supported by the AVR Cinema 50.

Thank you.

Cláudio Nogueira
Should be no reason it will not work perfectly. The pre-outs will allow the AVR to balance all speakers with the internal and external amps just fine. I used to have a MCA 325 it was an awesome amp—large and heavy—which is why i swapped it out for a class d amp.

OP
C
Should be no reason it will not work perfectly. The pre-outs will allow the AVR to balance all speakers with the internal and external amps just fine. I used to have a MCA 325 it was an awesome amp—large and heavy—which is why i swapped it out for a class d amp.
Thank you!

Top Bottom