• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yamaha AX-1070

Rhizomatic

I've just picked up a Yamaha AX-1070 and was wondering if anyone has experience with it, or if anyone had come across any measurements? I've been having a lot of fun with the motorised input switch and volume control.
@restorer-john I seem to recall you have a lot of experience with the bigger Yamaha units.

KszaNtW.jpg

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Great amplifier. Well done. Plenty of power and excellent performance. Packs a reall wallop into low impedances on a dynamic basis also. You won't run out of power with it.

How is your input selector? They do become intermittent and are an absolute nightmare to repair (very time consuming but doable). Just don't go squirting contact cleaner anywhere near it.

OP
R

Rhizomatic

It seems to be working without issue, though I haven't tested every input. Thanks for the advice re:contact cleaner, the internals look pretty clean for now so I won't be poking around in there until I come across an issue. I am a little worried that the BA3122N IC will go bust one day as I've read that they aren't being produced any more but not sure how up-to-date that info is. Fingers crossed!

It sounds fantastic so far, a real step up in power from the Pioneer SA-608 I was using before.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Just enjoy it and don't worry about the BA3122 hyperbolic driver ICs. They are pretty reliable.

Tell us how much you paid for it!

SacreDro

Hi, can someone recommend the AX-1050 over the newer 1070 or 1090 models?
Is there a drop in quality for the newer ones?

Top Bottom