• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yamaha AVR - Tidal compatibility problem

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
For the past couple of weeks my Yamaha A1080 will not stream my Tidal account. Yamaha claims that the Musiccast app is now required to do that, for some reason. However, having no Musiccast devises on hand that app refuses to cooperate, leaving me without a streaming option on the AVR. Have others encountered and, more to the point, remedied this issue? A search here shows other devises have run in to trouble with Tidal as well.

It isn't clear to me if the problem is with Tidal or with Yamaha - my unit did a firmware update sometime around when this problem arose which may or may not have been the trigger.

Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Bcarroll

You should be able to stream Tidal using the Musicast app with the A1080. The A1080 is the Musicast device. Do you have the Musicast app installed on a smartphone or Tablet?

OP
GD Fan

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Well that is an excellent point. This is why I ask people far smarter than I! That little epiphany did the trick. Thanks much.

Bcarroll

You’re welcome. I have an A550 that I enjoy. An earlier model than your A1080, the A550 does not support tidal (or Qobuz) from the musicast app. However, I can use musicast to stream internet radio and my ripped cd collection from my nas. Nice little receiver.

Top Bottom