• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yamaha AG03/AG06 MK2 – Official specifications

Cadence

Yamaha has recently released a new MK2 version of the AG03/AG06 mixer and audio interface, with USB-C connection, and I was wondering whether the AG06 could be a valid alternative to certain affordable audio interfaces, such as MOTU M4 and Focusrite Clarett+ 2Pre, particularly due to the presence of a DSP with some effects and amp simulation.

These are the official specifications and diagrams for the AG06 MK2, which should be equal to those of the AG03 for their common features: specifications / diagrams. Given the absence of real tests, could an initial assessment on the quality of these mixers be done based only on these documents?

I was personally considering the purchase of the AG06 MK2, but Yamaha states that the headphone output has a Nominal Output of 1.5 mW (@ 40 Ω) and a Maximum Output of 6.0 mW (@ 40 Ω). If I understood correctly and compare these values to those of other interfaces found in Julian's headphone power table, this power is similar to the Steinberg UR22 MKII and thus disappointing.

Top Bottom