• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

YAMAHA A-S701 - tear-down, thoughts about the internals & few measurements

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
When you say 2 piece assembly - do you mean two different binding post modules with 4 posts each? Because, the one for the right speaker is working perfectly fine. I only need the one for the left speaker (which is on the right side lol). Unless you mean the 4-post module comes in two parts. What would the other part number be?
Oh you want one side... Then the Yamaha parts guy is accurate. I have not cross referenced your part number.

bboris77

Oh you want one side... Then the Yamaha parts guy is accurate. I have not cross referenced your part number.
Yes, fortunately I did not overtorque the other side. Still fairly disappointed that it broke at all as I’m fairly gentle with my equipment. The sheet metal that the posts screw into must be fairly thin to wear out that quickly. Lesson learned - I’ve gone back to banana plugs now on my other stuff.

Top Bottom