• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

XTZ EDGE A2-300 Review (amplifier)

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I had this amp running fine from about 2 years, but recently noticed hum specially when rca are connected on amp but not on another end.
Same is the case when it is plugged too.
Any help on what might be wrong?
Hm. Not sure what you mean. RCA not hooked up between pre and amp? Ground loop. Poor RCA cable?

Other things that may or may not affect is (what I read) is the orientation of the AC prong connection. May reduce chassis voltage.

Last edited:

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hm. Not sure what you mean. RCA not hooked up between pre and amp? Ground loop. Poor RCA cable?

Other things that may or may not affect is (what I read) is the orientation of the AC prong connection. May reduce chassis voltage.

Thanks you responding the my query.
I meant the noise is there in either case, when RCA cable is connected on XTZ amp end and other end is connected to a pre-amp or not.
There is no hum/noise when RCA cable is not plugged at all on XTZ amp.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks you responding the my query.
I meant the noise is there in either case, when RCA cable is connected on XTZ amp end and other end is connected to a pre-amp or not.
There is no hum/noise when RCA cable is not plugged at all on XTZ amp.
Tried another cable?

Guddu

Hi All,
Looking for suggestions/help pls:

I have sent this information to XTZ support and waiting for response, may be someone can help here:
  1. When no RCA cable is connected, only speakers connected, NO SOUND.
  2. When RCA cable is connected on amplifier and other end of RCA is connected to TV or DAC, then there is hum/static sound.
  3. When RCA cable is connected on the amplifier but the other end is not connected to anything, then louder hum/static sound.
  4. When RCA is connected on both the ends, and playing music, the static sound is minor or un recognizable.
  5. Example: Laptop was connected to amplifier using RCA cable. When laptop was powered ON but nothing was playing, there was a little noise through speakers. When I play anything then noise is almost gone and music plays fine.
    When I shutdown the laptop then louder noise starts, quite louder.
    So when there is no active source then louder noise is there but noise is little or none when source is active/powered-on and music is playing.

Coll

My pre amp. Which is a Naim Unitilite says in the manual output 775mv would this drive the XTZ to full volume

Guddu

Hi All,
Looking for suggestions/help pls:

I have sent this information to XTZ support and waiting for response, may be someone can help here:
  1. When no RCA cable is connected, only speakers connected, NO SOUND.
  2. When RCA cable is connected on amplifier and other end of RCA is connected to TV or DAC, then there is hum/static sound.
  3. When RCA cable is connected on the amplifier but the other end is not connected to anything, then louder hum/static sound.
  4. When RCA is connected on both the ends, and playing music, the static sound is minor or un recognizable.
  5. Example: Laptop was connected to amplifier using RCA cable. When laptop was powered ON but nothing was playing, there was a little noise through speakers. When I play anything then noise is almost gone and music plays fine.
    When I shutdown the laptop then louder noise starts, quite louder.
    So when there is no active source then louder noise is there but noise is little or none when source is active/powered-on and music is playing.

Just to mention, it had something to do with power connections in the room. I moved the setup to different room and issue isn't there.

Top Bottom