• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

XTZ EDGE A2-300 Review (amplifier)

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I had this amp running fine from about 2 years, but recently noticed hum specially when rca are connected on amp but not on another end.
Same is the case when it is plugged too.
Any help on what might be wrong?
Hm. Not sure what you mean. RCA not hooked up between pre and amp? Ground loop. Poor RCA cable?

Other things that may or may not affect is (what I read) is the orientation of the AC prong connection. May reduce chassis voltage.

Last edited:

guddu

Hm. Not sure what you mean. RCA not hooked up between pre and amp? Ground loop. Poor RCA cable?

Other things that may or may not affect is (what I read) is the orientation of the AC prong connection. May reduce chassis voltage.

Thanks you responding the my query.
I meant the noise is there in either case, when RCA cable is connected on XTZ amp end and other end is connected to a pre-amp or not.
There is no hum/noise when RCA cable is not plugged at all on XTZ amp.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks you responding the my query.
I meant the noise is there in either case, when RCA cable is connected on XTZ amp end and other end is connected to a pre-amp or not.
There is no hum/noise when RCA cable is not plugged at all on XTZ amp.
Tried another cable?

Top Bottom