• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

XTZ A2-400 - ICEpower ICEedge Class D new power amp

I had the A2-300 earlier which I sold. I felt it was on par with my receiver, a Yamaha RX-A830. The A2-300 required a lot of gain which led to hearable white noise. The A2-400 is a different story, no problem at all to drive my Arendal 1723s towers. I'm able to play louder than I ever would want to.

My A2-400 was built in Thailand. Looks like the A2-300, just bigger and heavier.

Urib

Hope Amiram will test soon. They should send him one for testing. If the outcome will be good, they will sell many.

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
And how is that an audible concern exactly?

I own one, as well as ncore and purifi amps. I mix and match on a Lx521 setup.
Totally my own experience, and not scientific in anyway. However, the best way I can describe it is with a female vocalist. With the other amps the phantom central singer is fixed and precise. With the 1200AS2 its a more psychadelic experience as the phantom centre seems to "swirl" around. Not sure if this is due to phase shift, something else, or my imagination - but i found it repeatable. Now put the 1200AS2 on the bass drivers and its totally amazing. Efficient, incredible power/control and does not get too hot.

But anyway, most of what is measured these days seems to be beyond the threshold of audibility - in terms of differences. Does not stop me wanting the best engineered/measuring products

Hope Amiram will test soon. They should send him one for testing. If the outcome will be good, they will sell many.
XTZ said that the first batch was small. A bigger one will arrive in April (if its not stuck on Evergreen). As long as they sell out what they can produce I guess there is no need to send one to Amir.

GiFi

I had the A2-300 earlier which I sold. I felt it was on par with my receiver, a Yamaha RX-A830. The A2-300 required a lot of gain which led to hearable white noise. The A2-400 is a different story, no problem at all to drive my Arendal 1723s towers. I'm able to play louder than I ever would want to.

My A2-400 was built in Thailand. Looks like the A2-300, just bigger and heavier.

Hi Johannes, can you give us more information? Do you drive it using a dac / preamp or a pure preamp? How is the voltage level entering the Edge? How much is the level of the gain? It is quieter than the A2-300?
Please help us.....

Hi Johannes, can you give us more information? Do you drive it using a dac / preamp or a pure preamp? How is the voltage level entering the Edge? How much is the level of the gain? It is quieter than the A2-300?
Please help us.....
I run it with max gain, that was how it was configured when I unboxed it. No white noice at all. I've connected it to the pre-outs of my receiver RX-A830 with unbalanced pre-outs. I'm very happy with the A2-400.

GiFi

I run it with max gain, that was how it was configured when I unboxed it. No white noice at all. I've connected it to the pre-outs of my receiver RX-A830 with unbalanced pre-outs. I'm very happy with the A2-400.
Thank you Johannes, do you know the voltage of preouts of you receiver?

Martynet

Please use the word "review" with caution when linking Andrew Robinson.;)
Why? I watch most of the audio reviews on youtube and I consider his videos very helpful and informative. He was one of the reasons I bought A2-300 a year ago and I love that amp. Now I'm deciding of I should buy another two A2-300 or one A2-400. Hard choice :)

Top Bottom