• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

XTZ A2-400 - ICEpower ICEedge Class D new power amp

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
1200as2 complete DIY kits are available, like:

By the way, G. Smith says these are best class D amplifiers available, with measurements and explanations.

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Well, those kits look like they bypass the soldering requirement, but let's say they look utilitarian!
I found the case and design quite practical as well than super attractive looking.
It’s a kind of compromise in looks, worth ASR review.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Well, those kits look like they bypass the soldering requirement, but let's say they look utilitarian!
No,soldering but maybe some crimping for the other end of the cables(included with kit if you buy as I do from Soundimports) .
Kits all also available but they don't use all the features 1200as2 already has (auto on,standby after 13 min without music.triggers,all kinds of indicators for it's internal state like clipping and thermals,etc,even analog voltmeters and amperemeters,all already on board,ready for a led or a switch.

Of course you can skip all,it works as is with just signal,speaker and main connection.
(plus you can hook up on it a 400a2 any time you like for 150 euro and get another two channels,no extra PSU needed.I have a similar configuration driving my semi-actives)

Top Bottom